Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

No longer need a leg on award ticket; best option?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat, JPM Select

I booked the following award ticket:
SJC-NRT-KIX
NRT-ICN
ICN-NRT-SJC

My plans have changed, and I no longer need to continue on to KIX. I called ANA and found that it'll cost 3000 miles to rebook my award ticket without the NRT-KIX leg. The rep found an itinerary that wouldn't cost any additional miles, but would change the NRT-ICN leg to HND-GMP, and would also require me to change the date of my ICN-NRT leg, which I cannot do.

I see 3 options for my scenario:
1) Transfer 3k points to pay for the rebooking
2) Follow-through on the original itinerary and take the shinkansen back (I will have a JR railpass)
3) Miss the leg

Which option should I go with? I'm assuming if I go with option 3, the rest of my award ticket will be cancelled? Are there any other possible options?

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
no-show for a segment = all subsequent segments will be automatically cancelled = can't fly home.

1) 3000 miles is worth: $30 - 90
2) 4 hours on the train KIX - Tokyo is worth: ??
3) not an option
4) Air Pass(Visit Japan Fare) KIX - HND : 10500 yen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.