Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AC E75K
It's really confusing to follow conversations in this thread because it encompasses three different types with different seatmaps. Short of splitting into separate threads, I think it would be helpful if everyone can indicate whether they're referring to a 788, 789, or 77W. For non-NH veterans, just the flight number isn't sufficient.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:05 pm

Hi, can anyone please remind me which single row on the 787-9 (1st section of Business Class) is missing a window? Thanks ^
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by brody24
Heard that seat was primo, so I snagged it on both legs of a USA to Tokyo round trip for next March (booked through Virgin America Flying Club). Also booked the seat directly behind it (6C for both legs). Both wife and I will get a turn in 5A.
I was really shocked that it opened up. Especially since it is during Golden Week. I'll report back post flight. Hope I can get it again on the return leg.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:45 pm

NH 116 B787 seat advice- biz class

Good day the Mrs and I are on NH 116 B787 HND to YVR trying to figure out from seat guru which 2 seats we should request? I assume 2 in the middle asile but it seems like some are closer than others? Can anyone help? thank you so much!

Also- any thoughts about the hard/soft product for this route havent flown NH in about 10 years. THANK YOU!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by PDXmilespoints503
Good day the Mrs and I are on NH 116 B787 HND to YVR trying to figure out from seat guru which 2 seats we should request? I assume 2 in the middle asile but it seems like some are closer than others? Can anyone help? thank you so much!

Also- any thoughts about the hard/soft product for this route havent flown NH in about 10 years. THANK YOU!
Which seat were you looking at specifically?

SeatGuru is not always accurate. Best to look at the ANA website

Here is the link to the cabin layout and seats for the 787

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_c....html?c=b787_9
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status

I've only flown that route as a single traveller so my perspective is rather skewed (i.e., I favour window seats with tables on the aisle side for maximum privacy).

But yes, for actually being able to carry on a conversation, definitely the centre seats. I didn't really notice much appreciable difference amongst them so I don't think it will be a problem. I would recommend the forward cabin and about midpoint. Less chance of getting disturbed by activities in the galley by people going in and out of the washrooms.

NH 116 is a flight I tend to sleep through so I can't say much about the food but if it's anything like NH 115's menu, very decent - I always get the Japanese menu and it is always excellent. Nothing fancy per se but always very tasty. Nice selection of drinks too. The only part of the meal/snacks I could complain about is the restricted selection of ice cream - virtually always vanilla, never any green tea or red bean flavour - c'mon, ANA! :-D

Seats are very comfortable and roomy (I'm about 5'10" so taller folks might have a different opinion) - I have no problem sleeping (and I so rarely sleep on planes, certainly not the 6+ hours I usually get on NH 116) on my side whereas on, for example, AC, I find it far less comfortable. Didn't really like CX's 777 J seat either vs. ANA though their 359 seat was good (only one flight though).

ANA FAs I have always appreciated: friendly but not overly, courteous, attentive and always professional.

Lastly, HND lounge gets busy in the evening so if you'd like to have a shower before the flight, I suggest getting there by 5 PM so you have time in case the line-up is long (I've had to wait up to an hour). On weekends though, it's pretty empty up until about 6 PM. Nice lounge, lots of seating and decent view of the tarmac. Food is good albeit somewhat limited selection (24L has a good selection of photos of the food she can direct towards). I've always heard the made-to-order ramen is awesome but I've yet to try it (next time, 24L, I promise!).

Overall, NH 116 is not a long flight (I prefer NH 115 for the experience) but I think you'll enjoy it.

Last edited by Marlin240; Jun 14, 2017 at 7:32 pm
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:35 pm

Thanks for all your help super helpful! 1 quick question

1) we are landing at HND at 6:55am from a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok in Biz. And were going to head into Tokoyo for the day. Do you know if there is a lounge we can use when we land to shower and freshen up? Thank you thank you thank you!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks for all your help super helpful! 1 quick question

1) we are landing at HND at 6:55am from a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok in Biz. And were going to head into Tokoyo for the day. Do you know if there is a lounge we can use when we land to shower and freshen up? Thank you thank you thank you!
There is no arrivals lounge, but you can pay to use the TIAT Shower rooms, I think it is 1030 yen per person.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:59 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Partner and I just took NH116 a few days ago and I'll agree with what was said above -- middle seats are best, though all of them are structured the same (i.e. no particular pair of middle seats is closer to each other than another pair, unlike on some other C configurations like OZ's business class).

We were in row 2 (the first row that has center seats) and they were great -- no galley or other extraneous noise, and also less surrounded by other pax.

Japanese meal was terrific. Great quality, and not nearly as heavy as the western options.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:00 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Also note that the seats, even in the center, are still somewhat private. They have a divider separating them. So, you will probably need to lean forward a bit to talk to your spouse.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is no arrivals lounge, but you can pay to use the TIAT Shower rooms, I think it is 1030 yen per person.
Yes, that's the price and you get a tea/coffee/water type drink at a little snack bar close to the entrance. I always get ice coffee. A shower on arrival is always a good idea.

Here's a link.

http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/m...on_shower.html
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:49 pm

Great thank you so much! There was a center seat already taken in row 2 so we got row 3 E and G

Originally Posted by autobahnal
Partner and I just took NH116 a few days ago and I'll agree with what was said above -- middle seats are best, though all of them are structured the same (i.e. no particular pair of middle seats is closer to each other than another pair, unlike on some other C configurations like OZ's business class).

We were in row 2 (the first row that has center seats) and they were great -- no galley or other extraneous noise, and also less surrounded by other pax.

Japanese meal was terrific. Great quality, and not nearly as heavy as the western options.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:13 am

Question ANA B77W vs SIA A359?

Flying IAH to SIN via NRT in Sept and wanted some advice / perspective from those of you who are familiar with business class on ANA B77W.

My partner and I are both fairly tall - I'm 6'6" and he is 6'3". Are the seats comfortable for taller folks? We've found business class on some airlines, such as Austrian, to have some restrictions when it comes to legroom / foot room and want to make the best choice for this trip. I would also appreciate any advice on seats/rows to avoid if there are differences within business class.

We are also considering SIA A359 IAH to SIN via MAN. Trip reviews I've read on that seat show complaints with small space for feet and poor alignment.

We can book the ANA flights via UA and earn extra PQM (double what we will earn if we book through and fly SIA).

Thanks and apologies if this is misplaced. IdiotNewbie here. First post and all.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:47 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm 6' tall and find the NH Business seats on the 773 to be long enough.

On my first flight in that seat I did bruise my shins a few times while hitting my shins in the edge of the stored table. This was because I had the seat located too near the TV.

Since that flight, the shins healed and no more issues on subsequent flights.

NH is one of my favs.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Budoka
I was really shocked that it opened up. Especially since it is during Golden Week. I'll report back post flight. Hope I can get it again on the return leg.
So just wanted to add quick feedback. Was on NH 0010 (77W) in 5A and it was excellent. However, I did think that it might be a little more difficult comfort wise for a taller passenger. I am only 5'7". Also, the seat was a little beat up which surprised me the most given it was a Japanese carrier. But I suspect that those that haven't been exposed to the Japanese impeccable attention to detail when it comes to these kinds of things wouldn't have noticed.

Japanese meal was good but not excellent, but I might be spoiled in that area. The meals and snacks that could be ordered from the menu anytime during the flight were excellent. Wine and Sake selection was also much better than I expected. Of course, the service and attention were EXCELLENT as one would expect.

CA was kind enough to let me look at the First Class berths. I am not sure that I would consider making the jump from Business to First if paying substantially more miles or cash to do so. I LOVE ANA and would gladly fly economy on them before business on one of the major US Carriers but that is just me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.