Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Where to sit on ANA 787?

I'm looking at biz class seats from NRT>SEA next year. Looks like my target flight should be on the 787 with the nice lie-flat seats in C. I'll be traveling with my spouse. Which seats are best for a couple? The two together in the middle (D+G) or window plus center? How are the two seats together for communication, space?

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I'm looking at biz class seats from NRT>SEA next year. Looks like my target flight should be on the 787 with the nice lie-flat seats in C. I'll be traveling with my spouse. Which seats are best for a couple? The two together in the middle (D+G) or window plus center? How are the two seats together for communication, space?
As Nogbad confirms in this post staggered Business seats on the 787 are very private and do not seem to have been designed with travel companions in mind. You can choose C+F or F+H in an even row but even then you will have a table and an aisle between you. I don't think an A or K with a seat in the row behind suggested by Nogbad works well and may be worse than C+F or F+H for communication.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:20 pm
Old Oct 23, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Which seats are best for a couple? The two together in the middle (D+G) or window plus center? How are the two seats together for communication, space?
D/G are probably not a good choice due to the divider. In business on the 787 your only hope for communication without leaving your seat is shouting loudly to the whole cabin or sending a text message with the IFE - though with D/G you could probably tap messages between you in morse code.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I don't think an A or K with a seat in the row behind suggested by Nogbad works well and may be worse than C+F or F+H for communication.
That suggestion was for a 3rd seat, as the OP in that thread was travelling with 2 companions - still not ideal, but if you stood up, you could probably talk over the divider without having to cross an aisle. But for a pair, C/F or F/H are probably best though I seem to remember middle rows being not entirely aligned with the seats in the same row window sides - maybe best explained by pictures

They are wonderful seats - just not if you want to share with your partner or attend to young children. They really are business seats. I'm sure you'll have a great flight though - enjoy!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Nogbad
But for a pair, C/F or F/H are probably best though I seem to remember middle rows being not entirely aligned with the seats in the same row window sides - maybe best explained by pictures
I guess you can both lean forward if you want to talk or see each other. This is seat 11D (or the monitor in front of 11D) as seen from 11A.

Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Which seat on 787? Flying SEA-NRT next monday. Right now I have a right side window with the table to my right...seems annoying. There are no window seats with the table on the aisle side available. I was thinking about moving to one of the single middle seats with tables on both sides.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by armagebedar
The answer is no -- NH has not announced the introduction of the IOJ interior on any new route except NRT-ORD. Also, no carrier operates HND-IAD -- perhaps you meant NRT-IAD.
I am looking at possibly flying ORD-NRT (NH11) and NRT-ORD (NH12) in September 2013. In looking at the Master Thread, it indicates that NRT-ORD will intermittently be served with the new IOJ interior starting yesterday (31 Oct 2012), but has NH announced other specifics about the NRT-ORD route?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:21 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by sunshine-state
I am looking at possibly flying ORD-NRT (NH11) and NRT-ORD (NH12) in September 2013. In looking at the Master Thread, it indicates that NRT-ORD will intermittently be served with the new IOJ interior starting yesterday (31 Oct 2012), but has NH announced other specifics about the NRT-ORD route?
Sadly, no. It will depend a lot on when they can finish refitting the other 77W they need for this route. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until early next year -- that being said, I would imagine they would have all aircraft on NH11/12 using the IOJ configuration by September 2013.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Sadly, no. It will depend a lot on when they can finish refitting the other 77W they need for this route. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until early next year -- that being said, I would imagine they would have all aircraft on NH11/12 using the IOJ configuration by September 2013.
Ok, thanks for the information on this. I was able to do a dummy booking on NH's website, and the seatmap does show the new staggered IOJ seats. The seat selection screen is pretty snazzy, with awesome 3-D views of how the cabin is actually laid out. I would like to think that by next September, the chances would be pretty good.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
If the NH site shows either flight as being operated by a 77W, it has the IOJ cabin. But if you had checked the Master Thread, you would know that these flights are not operated by a 77W every day -- only intermittently.
Just to confirm ALL ANA 77Ws have IOJ cabins? I have a flight on hold and want to have the New First Square seating. The seat map on EF for NH 1009 indicates the following:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7366707...n/photostream/

ANA SKY WEB indicates 77W on that date.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Just to confirm ALL ANA 77Ws have IOJ cabins? I have a flight on hold and want to have the New First Square seating. The seat map on EF for NH 1009 indicates the following:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7366707...n/photostream/

ANA SKY WEB indicates 77W on that date.
If IOJ = staggered C, the seat map of 77W with the staggered C cabin looks like this.

Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If IOJ = staggered C, the seat map of 77W with the staggered C cabin looks like this.
Thanks-I understand what it looks like. I was told that all 77W have the new IOJ offerings which based on this seat map is not true.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:03 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Thanks-I understand what it looks like. I was told that all 77W have the new IOJ offerings which based on this seat map is not true.
All aircraft denoted as "77W" should have the IOJ configuration; non-IOJ aircraft are denoted "773". Can you let us know what date/flight for which you're seeing this discrepancy? It could be that NH has not updated the seat map for that particular flight yet.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:29 pm

Seat 18A

Is seat 18A considered a good business seat on the 77W (JFK-NRT)?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:29 pm

All aircraft denoted as "77W" should have the IOJ configuration; non-IOJ aircraft are denoted "773". Can you let us know what date/flight for which you're seeing this discrepancy? It could be that NH has not updated the seat map for that particular flight yet.
Dates sent by PM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:38 am

can anyone suggest me which is better seat on 787? 3A (widow on left and table on right) or 2F (the middle row seat with two tables).

can someone please tell me pros and cons?

thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.