Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 4, 12, 2:23 pm   #1

Programs: DL PM
Business Class Conditions

ANA flight NH12 or NH2 both are on the 777-200ER, are the business class seats decent for the roughly 12 hour flight or would you suggest flying a different airline?
Youngmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 12, 5:42 pm   #2
Moderator, All Nippon Airways

Programs: NH DIA+SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), HGP D, HH G
Your other options are UA to both IAD and ORD and JL and AA to ORD only. What is your final destination and when are you flying?

I don't mind the old NH C seats per se, but if I can have full-flat seats I'll take it, even if I have to make a detour. There's a decent chance that NH will have introduced the new F/C product on the ORD and IAD routes sometime this year.

This thread might give you some more ideas: award Q: IAD-NRT UA C, NH C(2 class old) AC Exec, LH C (a380) or CO C
armagebedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 12, 7:46 pm   #3

Programs: UA/AA
I sure hope ANA can upgrade those "new style" slanted seats they have on the IAD-NRT route. They are getting rather worn and tired. Slanted sleeping is not very comfortable on a 12-13 hour flight. I am ready for their Quadra conundrum seat.
Paiteaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 12, 1:20 am   #4
Formerly known as MrFlyer

Programs: AA EXP ✈ CX GO ✈ A3*G | HH GO - IC AMB
They're pretty good seats- I traveled on that type of seat on NH 8 (NRT-SFO, 8 hours).

They recline into a slanted flat position and have a decent amount of padding. There's a massage function as well.

They were more comfortable than JAL's regular Shell Flat imo. Haven't tried the Neo yet.

If there's another similarly priced option that puts you into a flat bed then I'd take that though.
yamanote8 is offline   Reply With Quote