Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 2, 11, 7:50 pm   #1

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
ITM-NRT NH 2176 & 2178 Are These Ferry Flights?

I am booked on NH 2176 as part of my traveling itinerary and couldn't help but notice that the seat map shown it as a 773ER Int'l config instead of a 773 Domestic config (If they have any) which is the designated aircraft for this route.

So I am wondering if these flights are actually ferry flights continuing overseas?
Old Nov 2, 11, 8:34 pm   #2

NRT-ITM-NRT is operated by an internationally configured 773, this is probably because ANA has no domestic configured 773s based in Narita (they do have them though).

Last time I flew ITM-NRT on ANA the plane was used for a flight from NRT to ORD after doing the short hop from ITM.

Plane is only sold as First or Economy, so, as an economy passenger you can pick a biz or premium economy seat. Service is the same as economy though.
ricardobtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 11, 8:45 pm   #3

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobtg View Post
NRT-ITM-NRT is operated by an internationally configured 773, this is probably because ANA has no domestic configured 773s based in Narita (they do have them though).

Last time I flew ITM-NRT on ANA the plane was used for a flight from NRT to ORD after doing the short hop from ITM.

Plane is only sold as First or Economy, so, as an economy passenger you can pick a biz or premium economy seat. Service is the same as economy though.
Ah thanks! Very interesting indeed! Hence why the 4 number code. I had checked seatguru and it did show me the domestic config, but apparently LH's systems are more up-to-date on each airlines I'm flying through..

Do they have the old F seats or the new square on these 773s?
Old Nov 2, 11, 9:34 pm   #4

Programs: TG ROP Silver, UA M+ Prmier
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Flyer View Post
Ah thanks! Very interesting indeed! Hence why the 4 number code. I had checked seatguru and it did show me the domestic config, but apparently LH's systems are more up-to-date on each airlines I'm flying through..

Do they have the old F seats or the new square on these 773s?
If the 773 you mention did operate the next flight to Chicago, then it will be the one with the old seat. Here is the seat plan for the older seat 773: http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...ap/b777_300er/

Here is the seat plan of the newest 773 and of the batch and other that complete their retrofit:
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...b777_300er_1/v

Bare in mind that the retrofit 773's are currently operating on routes from Tokyo Narita to New York JFK, London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris (started at the end of last month) San Francisco will start having the new seats from December 6th and Los Angeles will start having it next early next year on Jan 21st.

As for Chicago O'Hare, there is no indication yet, but I prayed really hard for Chicago to be the next destination after LAX got it (as it is one heck of a back-track if I want to experience the inspiration seat after I accidentally experience it on their debut date on the New York route)

Cheers Rabbzalliance

~I wanna go home, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a ticket ... so its down to between the Economy Plus seat but 1 luggage UA or the Crappier old seat, but good food and two luggage on ANA.
Rabbitongrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 11, 9:58 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitongrass View Post
If the 773 you mention did operate the next flight to Chicago, then it will be the one with the old seat. Here is the seat plan for the older seat 773: http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...ap/b777_300er/

Here is the seat plan of the newest 773 and of the batch and other that complete their retrofit:
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...b777_300er_1/v

Bare in mind that the retrofit 773's are currently operating on routes from Tokyo Narita to New York JFK, London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris (started at the end of last month) San Francisco will start having the new seats from December 6th and Los Angeles will start having it next early next year on Jan 21st.

As for Chicago O'Hare, there is no indication yet, but I prayed really hard for Chicago to be the next destination after LAX got it (as it is one heck of a back-track if I want to experience the inspiration seat after I accidentally experience it on their debut date on the New York route)

Cheers Rabbzalliance

~I wanna go home, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a ticket ... so its down to between the Economy Plus seat but 1 luggage UA or the Crappier old seat, but good food and two luggage on ANA.
Thanks! I'll be flying on NH 010 so I'll be getting the new NH Square. Just wasn't sure about the ITM-NRT leg.

Well, I also pray that ORD will be the next destination for the new refitted aircrafts. In the meantime, I'd rather fly NH than UA on int'l flights..In Y, J, or F..
Old Nov 3, 11, 12:16 am   #6

Programs: UA PL*G (0.60 BIS MM), HHonors Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Flyer View Post
In the meantime, I'd rather fly NH than UA on int'l flights..In Y, J, or F..
F and C yes, but Y, no thanks, I would rather fly UA.

NH Y on the 77W is just simply untolerable, not unless you are short and skinny.
ORDnHKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 11, 12:54 am   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
F and C yes, but Y, no thanks, I would rather fly UA.

NH Y on the 77W is just simply untolerable, not unless you are short and skinny.
Is Y+ That bad?
Old Nov 4, 11, 7:47 am   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:

Plane is only sold as First or Economy
Correct

Quote:

, so, as an economy passenger you can pick a biz or premium economy seat. Service is the same as economy though.
WRONG...

F is sold as an F seat. You can upgrade to F at the airport from any fare(yes this includes award travel) on a stand-by basis or if there is a seat open upgrade right away

Y is sold as Y.... Y passengers can prebook any Y seats only. If you have *G or NH*S or NH*G status ANA will assign you C or PY seats. *S and anything else will get assigned Y seats. If Y seats fill up then PY will be assigned and finally C...
fumitani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 11, 8:01 am   #9

Programs: NH Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post

Y is sold as Y.... Y passengers can prebook any Y seats only. If you have *G or NH*S or NH*G status ANA will assign you C or PY seats. *S and anything else will get assigned Y seats. If Y seats fill up then PY will be assigned and finally C...
I'm not sure this is the case - just made a dummy reservation for a random date on a tabiwari fare with no FFP number entered and I was able to select C, PY, and Y seats with plenty of empty seats in each section.
BalbC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 11, 10:06 am   #10
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
I'm not sure this is the case - just made a dummy reservation for a random date on a tabiwari fare with no FFP number entered and I was able to select C, PY, and Y seats with plenty of empty seats in each section.
For international connections vs domestic only tickets have a different set of rules...
fumitani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 11, 10:11 am   #11

Programs: NH Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
For international connections vs domestic only tickets have a different set of rules...
Ahh, that makes sense. Sorry to confuse the issue.

Is there anyway to add on a domestic sector or otherwise link one, after booking the international portion?
BalbC is offline   Reply With Quote