Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F *A Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
F *A Award Availability

Does anyone have a feeling for when NH opens up F award space for *A awards? Previously, it seemed to average about 1 seat per flight, and they opened up maybe one week out (and no sooner). I'm trying to fly FRA, MUC or CDG to NRT and back in December and having no luck in F or C via UA booking with UA miles. Plenty of room on Lufthansa, including the A380 in C (not F, which seems blocked).

Anyway, I would greatly prefer NH F. Can anyone recommend any strategies to secure an F award via UA in terms of booking time? I'm thinking right now of booking Lufthansa C or F and trying to swap it out to NH as I get closer to the travel dates. As a 1K on UA, there's no penalty for award changes, so that seems logical, albeit cumbersome. The other problem if Lufthansa only has direct awards from Munich and I'd prefer to depart FRA or CDG.

I had the great pleasure of flying CDG to NRT in F last year which was truly fantastic. Although it was a paid C seat with NH miles for the upgrade which made things a hell of a lot easier.

Anyways, your suggestions are appreciated!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I have been searching over a month period for 2 F LAX-NRT even HND nothing available even for 1 pax
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I have been searching over a month period for 2 F LAX-NRT even HND nothing available even for 1 pax
That's because LAX-HND doesn't have F.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
Does anyone have a feeling for when NH opens up F award space for *A awards? Previously, it seemed to average about 1 seat per flight, and they opened up maybe one week out (and no sooner).
Huh? I have a F award in January 2012 which I had booked & ticketed back in June 2011.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
Huh? I have a F award in January 2012 which I had booked & ticketed back in June 2011.
Glad to hear it. Can you share the routing?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I too had no luck on finding F on NF from Europe-Japan. I did score F on an award ticket NRT-ORD. I noticed a fair number of seats available IAD and ORD to/from NRT in Feb 2012, but that is not going to help the OP trying to get Europe--Japan routings.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
same here.

NRT-ORD, NRT-IAD virtually wide open mid-Jan to mid-Feb. Has been like that for the last 4 months.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beep88
same here.

NRT-ORD, NRT-IAD virtually wide open mid-Jan to mid-Feb. Has been like that for the last 4 months.
Hmm, looks like I may need to hear to ORD or IAD from SFO then first....

Actually, the newly configured 777 with Inspiration of Japan seats is coming to SFO 12/6, perhaps that's why the F availability is zeroed out for SFO.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Scored one F award (LAX-NRT) for last Thursday by using UA M+ a week before the trip. I originally booked UA F + TG C (DEN-SFO-ICN-TPE). Then, checked KVS and found out the F space was opened up for NH5. Called M+ and changed my ticket to UA F + NH F/C (DEN-LAX-NRT-TPE).

Surprisingly, there were only two passengers at F on NH5 last Thursday. An amazing flight though!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mckerrow
Scored one F award (LAX-NRT) for last Thursday by using UA M+ a week before the trip. I originally booked UA F + TG C (DEN-SFO-ICN-TPE). Then, checked KVS and found out the F space was opened up for NH5. Called M+ and changed my ticket to UA F + NH F/C (DEN-LAX-NRT-TPE).

Surprisingly, there were only two passengers at F on NH5 last Thursday. An amazing flight though!
Good datapoint. I need to continue to look at ex-SFO.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
Glad to hear it. Can you share the routing?
NH7 SFO-NRT

Actually the LAX-NRT flight was also available in F, but I wanted to connect to TG NRT-BKK in F (9W leased 777-300ER) and the flight ex-SFO allows an extra hour in transit at NRT to enjoy ht NH Suite Lounge.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by mckerrow

DiD you do A TR? Was it the 77W wife on there in business lax-NRT . I'm looking for F for myself .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.