Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are "premium" seats in biz available to *G?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
Are "premium" seats in biz available to *G?

I don't know if it makes a difference -- I'm talking about the blocked seats in row 5 of the 777 with "business staggered."
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by screwedbyaa
I don't know if it makes a difference -- I'm talking about the blocked seats in row 5 of the 777 with "business staggered."
I've snagged 5A before, just selected it online a couple of weeks before the flight. I did not have any status then.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2 MM)
Originally Posted by Nogbad
I've snagged 5A before, just selected it online a couple of weeks before the flight. I did not have any status then.
Actually, for some reason 5A is not tagged as "premium" on ExpertFlyer -- only the three other seats in that row (D, F, and H). I'm looking for the two in the middle for my wife and me. I called NH, but she said that it is "not available." When I asked if it was occupied or blocked, she repeated that it is "not available," so I didn't push her and just said thanks and hung up. EF shows it as empty but "premium." I have a *G card in there, but I can't tell if the system doesn't recognize that it's gold (it's from another airline) or if the seats are simply not released except for NH's elites. Hence my question here...
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by Nogbad
I could also got 5A maybe 1 month ago via phone CSR when confirming the reward ticket. I didn't put any status associate to this ticket.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: NH Plat
I think those other seats in row 5 are the bassinet positions, with a larger "table" in front. So they may be blocked until check-in for that reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.