Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Booked on United codeshare ANA, can't pick seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
For customers flying on a United Airlines codeshare flight operated by ANA

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/local.../notice170504/

Print Wikipost

Booked on United codeshare ANA, can't pick seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by chavala
Damn. I assume this means we won't be able to check-in with the ANA app either.
I want to take back what I said earlier.

"sometimes" I can see my UA code share flight on NH metal. However, never
been able to do OLCI on NH's website if my flight number is a UA flight number.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:51 pm

General question regarding codeshare between United and ANA:

I'm looking to fly from SFO to SIN via NRT on ANA. If the prices are the same booking on either ANA or United, is there any reason why I would not want to book on ANA directly to avoid codeshares ?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:14 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by yipinglim
General question regarding codeshare between United and ANA:

I'm looking to fly from SFO to SIN via NRT on ANA. If the prices are the same booking on either ANA or United, is there any reason why I would not want to book on ANA directly to avoid codeshares ?
The biggest disadvantage I could think of is that you would not be able to upgrade a UA codeshare on NH metal using NH upgrade points, or vice versa on a NH codeshare on UA metal with UA upgrade instruments. Star Alliance upgrades are also impossible on codeshares.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I have an upcoming ANA-operated flight, booked as a UA codeshare for the !#*%*# PQDs. Based on this thread's recommendations, I called in to get seats when I couldn't access my reservation on the ANA website.

We're in Y and it's a full flight so they only had middle seats. Does the fact that I won't be able to do OLCI mean we won't be able to snag any of the better seats that open up, and basically condemn us to two middle Y seats on a 15 hour tanspac? Ugh! The agent kindly but firmly told me I had no seating benefits on ANA even as a * Gold. Ugh!

Any other way to check in on these? Phone?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Gold
Update - I was able to check myself and my travel companion in online on the ANA website, using the ANA confirmation number and my first name + middle initial (all in caps) in the first name field. I had not been able to access my itinerary at all on their website until 24 hours before the flight.

Doing this at exactly T-24:01 got us both aisle seats in close proximity, which while not ideal is definitely better than middle Y seats on a nearly-full transpac.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dancingal
Update - I was able to check myself and my travel companion in online on the ANA website, using the ANA confirmation number and my first name + middle initial (all in caps) in the first name field. I had not been able to access my itinerary at all on their website until 24 hours before the flight.

Doing this at exactly T-24:01 got us both aisle seats in close proximity, which while not ideal is definitely better than middle Y seats on a nearly-full transpac.
That's good news! I just booked another itinerary with an NH segment and could not convince UA to use the NH flight number (they used to do it on request)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am booked on NH1 IAD-NRT in A-class in April on a UA codeshare. Called today to get seats (F8, so cabin was empty before we booked) and was told they cannot assign seats on codeshares Is this new? Should I HUCA?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
I am booked on NH1 IAD-NRT in A-class in April on a UA codeshare. Called today to get seats (F8, so cabin was empty before we booked) and was told they cannot assign seats on codeshares Is this new? Should I HUCA?
I had no problem calling NH yesterday to assign my E seat, so yes -- I think you got a stupid agent (i hope so!)
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
I had no problem calling NH yesterday to assign my E seat, so yes -- I think you got a stupid agent (i hope so!)
yeah, called again earlier today and the agent had no trouble getting us 2 seats in row 2 ... looking forward to NH1
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
Called who? UA or ANA? UA can't do it. I called ANA last week and they booked my seats in just a few minutes.

Interesting that the seats now show up in my UA reservation on the outbound leg, but not the return, even though I have confirmation that ANA booked them both for me.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Interesting that the seats now show up in my UA reservation on the outbound leg, but not the return, even though I have confirmation that ANA booked them both for me.
But after changing my seats w ANA, the old seats still show on UA -- same for 3 different reservations.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Okay just tested it with my relative's itinerary.

NH confirmation number can be looked up on United website (it's showing right below UA confirmation number when you pull up the booking details). Used the NH confirmation number and accessed the online check-in page on ANA website which you can then re-assign seats etc... You just can't access the "My Booking".
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:20 am

Years later, the great minds in Japan are still struggling...

Booked an NH itinerary that includes two UA legs.

NH have "improved" their site so you can now specify "window" or "aisle" seat preferences for UA legs.

Great, it then goes and assigns you the worst seats on the plane (Row 46 on a United 777)

There's no way to do anything about it that I can see, nor an option to pay for economy premium...

Will it help if I spend quality time on the phone with them? Is there anyway to manage these legs with UA?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:02 pm

Question concerning seats

I just booked the great deal from New York (EWR) to Ho Chi Minh (SGN) (with a plane change in Hong Kong) on United.com. The return leg of the trip is SGN - NRT - JFK Operated by Air Japan / ANA All Nippon.

I have two passengers on the itinerary. One passenger was all 4 seats assigned the other passenger has the united seats confirmed but both ANA flights are blank.

The ANA website does not let me log in with the (ANA) Confirmation. I get this error "*We cannot display the selected reservation. Please contact your travel agency, or contact ANA International Flight Reservation and Information Center.(Error Code: W_H26)"

I'm guessing that this was because this flight was booked via united or that the departure date is far away (departs October 2015).

I'm curious as to why one passenger has assigned seats (all window) and passenger two is missing the ANA seat assignments. I called ANA but after 15 - 30 min holds each time i've called i've given up for now to ask you all and deal with the issue closer to time of departure.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by latteqpon
I just booked the great deal from New York (EWR) to Ho Chi Minh (SGN) (with a plane change in Hong Kong) on United.com. The return leg of the trip is SGN - NRT - JFK Operated by Air Japan / ANA All Nippon.

I have two passengers on the itinerary. One passenger was all 4 seats assigned the other passenger has the united seats confirmed but both ANA flights are blank.

The ANA website does not let me log in with the (ANA) Confirmation. I get this error "*We cannot display the selected reservation. Please contact your travel agency, or contact ANA International Flight Reservation and Information Center.(Error Code: W_H26)"

I'm guessing that this was because this flight was booked via united or that the departure date is far away (departs October 2015).

I'm curious as to why one passenger has assigned seats (all window) and passenger two is missing the ANA seat assignments. I called ANA but after 15 - 30 min holds each time i've called i've given up for now to ask you all and deal with the issue closer to time of departure.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks!
I don't know why UA displays seats this way (for only 1 pax), but I've seen it happen with TG as well. Even when you call the airline directly and change the seat, it usually doesn't change on the UA reservation -- which means its completely useless.
No -- you won't be able to pull up your rez on the NH website until its time to check-in.
Try calling ANA again at a different time of day? -- I've never been on hold that long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.