FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Seat assignments on www.alitalia.com - how? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/971675-seat-assignments-www-alitalia-com-how.html)

Daniel Jul 4, 2009 9:14 pm

Seat assignments on www.alitalia.com - how?

I purchased a ticket on vayama.com DFW-ORD (AA) ORD-FCO (AZ) / FCO-ORD (AZ) ORD-DFW (UA).

I had no issues retrieving the purchased ticket itinerary on both AA and UA to attach FF #s and select seats. Further, the e-ticket did show flights on all 3 carriers, so all looked good.

In fact, on ua.com it even showed seat map for the AZ flights, though it would not (no surprise) allow me to save seat requests.

I have just pulled my hair out on www.alitalia.com trying to figure out how the heck I'm supposed to make seat requests. I even joined the milemiglia, got my pin code sent to me, logged in - and was further annoyed by seeing the same non-informative pages when I was logged in.

When I click on web check in - I get 'Page not found.' - IS THIS FOR REAL?

OK, so how on earth do I request seat assignments online or does AZ just not have a website in English that really has any useful purpose. I'm really shocked...

luvintheair Jul 5, 2009 1:59 am

Hi there!

I think the most easiest way to get your seat assignment is by calling them.
Don't forget to mention your MilleMiglia account.

If not mistaken you can only choose your seat if you booked online on their site.
But try giving them a ring!

Enjoy your trip!

Alice11 Jul 5, 2009 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Daniel (Post 12014091)
I purchased a ticket on vayama.com DFW-ORD (AA) ORD-FCO (AZ) / FCO-ORD (AZ) ORD-DFW (UA).

I had no issues retrieving the purchased ticket itinerary on both AA and UA to attach FF #s and select seats. Further, the e-ticket did show flights on all 3 carriers, so all looked good.

In fact, on ua.com it even showed seat map for the AZ flights, though it would not (no surprise) allow me to save seat requests.

I have just pulled my hair out on www.alitalia.com trying to figure out how the heck I'm supposed to make seat requests. I even joined the milemiglia, got my pin code sent to me, logged in - and was further annoyed by seeing the same non-informative pages when I was logged in.

When I click on web check in - I get 'Page not found.' - IS THIS FOR REAL?

OK, so how on earth do I request seat assignments online or does AZ just not have a website in English that really has any useful purpose. I'm really shocked...

You can only select seats with on line check in, available 24 hours before departure.
For long-haul, I remember you can select seats at the time of booking (on the Alitalia website).

When you retrieve bookings on AZ website, you can't select seats.

Tribble Mar 18, 2011 2:08 pm

I know it's been almost 2 years since Daniel posted his message, but I'm still having the same problem. It took me 4 tries to get through to someone on Alitalia, only to be told that because I booked through a travel company, I had to use the group travel number. Only a recording there which said their mail box was filled and couldn't take any messages and was referred to an email that doesn't work! Really frustrated. I need an aisle seat for medical reasons and we're 2 weeks away from our flight and we don't have seat assignments. AARRGGH!

raistlin Mar 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tribble (Post 16060092)
I know it's been almost 2 years since Daniel posted his message, but I'm still having the same problem. It took me 4 tries to get through to someone on Alitalia, only to be told that because I booked through a travel company, I had to use the group travel number. Only a recording there which said their mail box was filled and couldn't take any messages and was referred to an email that doesn't work! Really frustrated. I need an aisle seat for medical reasons and we're 2 weeks away from our flight and we don't have seat assignments. AARRGGH!

Hi Tribble,

since you booked through a travel agent, the travel agent is the one who should assist you. So you should not really blame the airline for this.

However, if you call Alitalia and you mention that your travel agent is unavailable, they will select seats for you. I do this often because I usually have time to deal with flight bookings only in the evening and the call center is always open :)

bungler Mar 19, 2011 2:37 am

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/498; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Ja. Remember that the number to call is +39062222, nothing else. The new "le mie prenotazioni" allows you to select seats though, doesn't it?

raistlin Mar 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by bungler (Post 16062785)
The new "le mie prenotazioni" allows you to select seats though, doesn't it?

Not in my experience.

Alice11 Mar 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by bungler (Post 16062785)
The new "le mie prenotazioni" allows you to select seats though, doesn't it?

I've only one active PNR right now, FCO-MLA, and I can only change the phone number.
But I didn't add the Millemiglia number, so don't know if that triggers additional services.

There's a live chat available.

bungler Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/498; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

FCO-MLA is neither long haul nor domestic so not the best example. I don't have a good one either though. In any case for something like this I would always call...

CaWino Aug 17, 2011 6:41 am

Alitalia Seat Assignment

I called Alitalia's customer service number 800-223-5730. I was referred to a new number 900-446-2900, and told that there would be a charge of $1.99 to talk to customer service. That doesn't sound kosher to me, but wonder if anyone has any information on how to talk to Alitalia's customer service without being charged. It looks like I will have to wait 24 hours before departure for online check-in to get seat assignment.

Alice11 Aug 17, 2011 6:43 am

Can you use skype or something like that? You can call a std landline number, +39 06 65649

franksn Aug 23, 2011 8:03 am

The 800 number works fine

Arranged two C awards on Delta. Called Alitalia's customer service 800 number noted earlier and it worked just fine. Was able to get the seat assignments I wanted and the Alitalia confirmation codes that Delta didn't have.