Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about Alitalia 767 / 763 Seat Plans and Magnifica Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE on the 20th of Feb 2009!

ALL 767 now have the NEW Magnifica. 6/6

For REGs.
EI-CRM, I-DEIG, EI-DDW, EI-DBP, EI-CRF, EI-CRD have the NEW lie-flat Magnifica.

Seat Plans.

764 (New Configuration and Lie-flat seats)
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ali..._767-300_B.php

I am guessing that soon they will be called 763 again...

BOS and ORD flights will be operated by AirOne's A330's with a similar business interior, still made by Avio, still lie-flat, but slightly newer model.

CCS is now operated with new interior also.

Another couple things.

5 767 have eVU players, which should have more movies and tv shows.
1 767 EI-CRM has (certainly had, don't think they changed them) DigEplayers which have less movies.

AirOne's A330's now fly some AZ routes after the merger, mostly ORD and BOS but occasionally JFK and EWR from FCO.

They have the same TYPE of lie-flat seats, but they have a newer model, which should be slightly better (still made by Avio Interior) and these too have portable players and no FIXED IFE system.

http://www.xtremeshack.com/immagine/i6462_apbusclas.JPG
thanks to staralliance on aviazionecivile.it's forum

Last edited by italian7; Feb 22, 2009 at 9:06 am
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by italian7
Is it possible to make this a sticky?
Very useful information, and this is all normally almost impossible to find.

When we get our AZ forum this certainly will be a sticky there! (magari)

edit to add: ^ Yes, abbiamo un forum dedicato al AZ!

Last edited by Gargoyle; Jun 24, 2007 at 7:42 am Reason: we got our forum
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
When we get our AZ forum this certainly will be a sticky there! (magari)
It could be possible as soon as AZ comes out of this situation! And... a new talkboard has beeen elected ^

Finger crossed
maclover
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fantastic thread!

6 months of rumour and conjecture in the mileage run forum quashed with a single post.:-:

Now I know which plane I'm probably flying, and what seats to expect.

My only question now is, has anybody ordered the vegetarian meal in Magnifica?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
My only question now is, has anybody ordered the vegetarian meal in Magnifica?
Yes, my partner had the vegetarian meal from YYZ-MXP and MXP-YYZ. On the flight to Italy, the main course was a lasagna-like pasta dish (meatless of course).

On the return flight, her main course seemed to be a type of spinach medallion. She also had a salad with two slices of hard-boiled egg. I'll check my notes and post more details later, but I do also remember that while the main meal didn't seem to have as much protein or substance as the meat options, when they served the final "snack", hers was much more like a regular meal. It included a cold plate of salad, potatoes, vegetables, and seasoned legumes, not to mention a repeat of the two slices of hard-boiled egg. My non-vegetarian snack, in comparison, was a cheese plate. Rolls were also served for both meals. I think she felt like there was plenty to eat and that she got enough protein.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. That sounds very edible.
I would certainly appreciate any more information if you do retrieve your notes. (I'll only be travelling from YYZ-MXP with AZ)
Old Dec 6, 2006, 9:21 am

does anyone know if the old planes have power ports in biz class?

also, do they give out the personal tvs on yyz-mxp on the old planes like they did this summer on yyz-fco?

thnx,
r
Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Easy questions to answer. Kinda like the Capital 1 commercial...
Originally Posted by rgm18
does anyone know if the old planes have power ports in biz class?
NO.
Originally Posted by rgm18
also, do they give out the personal tvs on yyz-mxp on the old planes like they did this summer on yyz-fco? thnx,
r
Also NO, since the DigEplayers use the in-seat power ports for juice.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GOLD - AF Platinium
Very usefull guide for the 767!
Any news about 777 seats?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
Thank you. That sounds very edible.
I would certainly appreciate any more information if you do retrieve your notes. (I'll only be travelling from YYZ-MXP with AZ)
What I was served with was one of the worst and sorriest vegetarian meals I've ever got on a flight (and I'm including my flights in Economy)

First an assortment of nuts, not warmed, but very good quality ones. (pecans, cashews, almonds and hazelnuts)

The starter was alrightish and I got the same as everyone else: Ravioli stuffed with ricotta w/chicory and a watery sage sauce (avoid!) and penette in a tomato & basil sauce (which was fine - but no sign that the sauce was made of 'fresh cherry tomatoes')

The next dish was the vegetarian option:
An oblong platter filled with a strip of chopped spinach, a middle strip of basmati rice (coloured yellow, but not with saffron) and another strip of some horrid chickpea concoction. It was supposedly Indian (I chose the 'standard' ovo-lacto vegetarian) but there was no nan, yoghurt, pickles or any of the other condiments that could have made this horrible 'tricolore' edible. If I'd paid a normal C fare for this flight I would have been fuming.

Requesting a seafood meal on AZ isn't an option. I waited until the FAs had finished serving and asked if there was a seafood meal spare.

I got the Grilled seafood brochete served with buttered asparagus and carrots. (in reality; a tiny piece of white fish, another incy piece of salmon and a solitary prawn. Some anorexically thin asparagus that might have been retrieved from a freezer cabinet, call it 'sparrow grass' and you're there, and about 6 pieces of carrot that tasted more of butter than carrot. I say this as I hate cooked carrots and didn't mind eating these - which is a truly back handed compliment) Have to say that the seafood meal was way nicer than the vegetarian meal.
Everything else was the same as the other pax:

Cheese was fine - 2 fat chunks of parmesan and 2 wedges of fontina(?) a prune, carrot sticks, celery, 2 round small crackers and your choice of fruit.

And I was feeling quite stuffed when dessert was brought round. I chose a cream cake over the chocolate one and it was DELICIOUS. Best dessert I've ever had in the air.

Alas, no limoncello .

I wanted the 'Gavi' a white wine from Piemonte, but they didn't have it. They had the Clefi (from Lombardia) and Pinot Grigio (Adige Valley) - I chose the Clefi, which was OK.

The seat was extremely firm at the lumbar region, but I found it quite comfortable (I'm happy I didn't get the new style 'lie flat' seat - I found it much more comfortable than my recent experience flying ANA) and slept like a baby through most of the flight. Which is why I can't comment on breakfast.

FAs were polite. Entertainment options were terrible (you'd have to wait until well after dinner service was over if you wanted to watch a film - no way to watch one AND snooze, so I can't even tell you what they showed).

The amenity box was very nice (I'll be using ours to store jewellery).

Our priority tagged luggage came out almost immediately.^

I flew to YYZ with Air Canada in their new REAL lie flat seat pods - the food on AC was infinitely better. The service from AC was just as nice as that from AZ. The seats on AZ were more sociable for those travelling as a couple and I have to admit that I slept nearly as well on AZ as I did on AC (although the AC seats are much, much better).

Cabin temperature on AZ was WAY too warm - take care not to overheat!

All in all a good experience.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:24 am
Original Poster

I had a great experience with Alitalia on the 6th. FCO-EWR in J with the new business class. Excellent flight, GREAT food, very friendly service and great new seats. Pictures will be up soon.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

considering how many questions get posted about the Alitalia 767's. Even thought this is not a Alitalia ONLY forum. Can we please make this a STICKY?!
Old Jan 20, 2007, 5:14 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
So I'm still a little confused when I go to the Alitalia website. Can someone tell me what kind of business class seats are on the JFK - MXP/MXP-JFK routes?

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

It is OT considering its a 777. But ....
http://www.alitalia777.it/interiors.html
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:27 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by italian7
It is OT considering its a 777. But ....
http://www.alitalia777.it/interiors.html
hi, sorry, what does OT mean? thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.