Alitalia GDS

Old Nov 27, 2005, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Alitalia GDS

Does anyone know which GDRS Alitalia uses ?

I was attempting to lookup a reservation using Amadeus/Checkmytrip.com but that wouldn't work, but neither would Galileo/Viewtrip.com.

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cris L

I was attempting to lookup a reservation using Amadeus/Checkmytrip.com but that wouldn't work, but neither would Galileo/Viewtrip.com.

Thanks
Cannot be checked via checkmytrip.com, viewtrip.com or virtuallythere.com

B747-400, our fine fellow FTer, is an expert on matters AZ and accessing their reservations. Perhaps a PM to him would yield kind results.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:49 am

What is the answer? How can you check alitalia reservations?

Very interested what system they use?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:17 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
I'm able to use viewtrip.com to see my AZ tickets, booked via a travel agency.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
always used virtuallythere for AZ trips booked by TA...
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:11 pm
Suspended

... including AZ trips booked on expedia.com (US) ?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Or trips booked on travelocity.co.uk ?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I have native WorldSpan and SABRE on my laptop. I can view any AZ reservation regardless of where booked by going directly into their system and view it. AZ uses a modified version of WorldSpan as their GDS. PM me if you want me to look at your res, copy and paste it into MSWord and e-mail it to you. You'll see all the technical stuff which for someone that hasn't seen it before can be pretty cool!

Last edited by dg4255; Nov 29, 2005 at 3:43 pm
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:43 am

Programs: Many
I bought AZ tickets on lastminute.com 2 days ago and can see the reservation in checkmytrip (AMADEUS). I have 2 reservation codes for the same journey : 1 for Amadeus, 1 for Alitalia.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:40 am

AZ Caveat Emptor

AZ uses Galileo. They cancel many flights and adjustments aren't made to Amadeus (this according to AF office in FCO airport, who regularly have problems).

Today, I was booked on AZ 578 in C class from FCO-GVA. Flight booked 10 days ago thru AF which uses Amadeus. AZ cancels 578 and rebooks everyone on a flight 6.5 hours later without informing or compensating customers (in violation of EC 261/2004, which they regularly flaunt, according to the police in FCO with whom I filed a complaint). Since they cancelled it a few days ago, they claim it does not exist (although exists on other days and still shows up in Amadeus).

The only thing I can say, is don't believe **anything** Alitalia tells you. And certainly nothing you read in any reservation system.

Last edited by hegira; Dec 2, 2005 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 8, 2005, 6:04 am

Programs: Many
I bought another AZ ticket, this time directly on their website, and I cannot see the reservation on Viewtrip.

Do you know where I can see it?

Thanks all
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:08 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Thumbs down AZ customer service haha

Originally Posted by hegira
AZ uses Galileo. They cancel many flights and adjustments aren't made to Amadeus (this according to AF office in FCO airport, who regularly have problems).

Today, I was booked on AZ 578 in C class from FCO-GVA. Flight booked 10 days ago thru AF which uses Amadeus. AZ cancels 578 and rebooks everyone on a flight 6.5 hours later without informing or compensating customers (in violation of EC 261/2004, which they regularly flaunt, according to the police in FCO with whom I filed a complaint). Since they cancelled it a few days ago, they claim it does not exist (although exists on other days and still shows up in Amadeus).

The only thing I can say, is don't believe **anything** Alitalia tells you. And certainly nothing you read in any reservation system.
AZ is last resort for anyone wanting reliability. Customer service is an oxymoron there.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 4:43 am
Suspended

I've generally had good customer service from Alitalia this year. I have far fewer complaints about AZ than many other airlines -- including many in the US.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:09 am

AZ uses their own system (very old ) called ARCO. The only way you can check their PNR is on their website.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Cris L
As was mentioned above, Alitalia uses its own system called ARCO. So Alitalia PNRs can only be checked there.

They are going to switch to SABRE apparently, following Etihad

AZ uses Galileo.
nope, they don't.

They cancel many flights
Nope, that's not true, either.

adjustments aren't made to Amadeus (this according to AF office in FCO airport, who regularly have problems).
AF uses Amadeus, which is not what AZ uses. AZ uses ARCO, and like most different systems, changes do not really get pushed into other systems unless needed. That's why the AF people have "troubles". And the trouble is they don't understand ticketing and routinely lie to their customers (as they lied to you, apparently).

AZ cancels 578 and rebooks everyone on a flight 6.5 hours later without informing or compensating customers
If you booked the flight through AF, AF received the cancellation notice in a queue on Amadeus, and didn't process it. It was not AZ's responsibility to contact you, if you book flights through an agent, AZ contacts the agent and the agent contacts you and handles your rebooking. AZ doesn't even know how to contact you, if the segment has been booked as part of an itinerary on someone else's systems.

Sorry, you swallowed AF's lies :-)

Originally Posted by dh01
AZ is last resort for anyone wanting reliability. Customer service is an oxymoron there.
Ah, instead as we see above it is a penchant of AF :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.