Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Change

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Schedule Change

I booked a ticket on Alitalia through Orbitz. I was notified of a schedule change - moved from a codeshare operated by a partner to an Alitalia flight that causes a 8-hour layover at Fumicino. I can no longer find the original flight, so not sure if the codeshare or the flight has been cancelled. What I found odd is that when I called Orbitz, I was told that unless I accept the change, the reservation is not confirmed an we cannot travel. Is that actually the case? I've had reservations modified by airlines before - I don't recall accepting every change to be able to travel. Can someone advise - especially if you had recent Alitalia experience? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Yes, thats the normal procedure. Original flight gets cancelled, alternative flights will be offered from the airline. As you booked with Orbitz, they are the single point of contact with your ticket.

You can:
- accept the alternative flights
- decline the alternative flights and expect a full refund
- try to get different fight connections, earlier / later, another airport, etc. Orbitz then has to check the possibilities with the airline. Be aware the changes will - most probably- be limited to AZ flights and to their conditions for schedule changes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.