Search

CIP terminal at IKA for J pax

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ, BA, LH
CIP terminal at IKA for J pax

Hello

I will be flying (AZ) in J from FCO to IKA (and return)
I couldn't find out what to expect at IKA.

I read about a CIP lounge (terminal ?) but several points are unclear, I read (FT, google some (old) different feedbacks).

On arrival are J pax entitled to some premium immigration lines (and if any are we transferred to the CIP building (this seems a little bit uncommon to me) ?

On departure, am I entitled to use the CIP terminal ?
If so do I have to check-in at the main terminal and then go to the CIP terminal or may I directly check in at the CIP terminal ?

Thank in advance to anyone willing to share a recent experience.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Skyteam Lounge finder for IKA:

https://www.skyteam.com/de/lounges/l...%20Intl%20(IKA)

It's listed that AZ uses this lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:28 am

In IKA you'll find a priority line for security (50 meters far from AZ check-in desk) and the lounge immediately after (-1 with escalator right to the bar).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Air Rarotonga and Sciamano for your replies.

So it seems that AZ uses the facilities in the main terminal and not the CIP terminal (which is supposed to be better). too bad.

This seems conflicting with https://loungereview.com/lounges/cip-lounge-ika.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
The names of the lounges at IKA are rather confusing. I tried to use the CIP lounge last autumn when I was flying Etihad J out of IKA. So I had myself dropped of at the CIP terminal (a seperate building next to the main terminal). Unfortunately I was entitled to use it. Only a few airlines have a contract with the CIP terminal. Emirates, and a few others (if I remember correctly among them were Turkish Airlines, Air Astana and Oekraine Air).

I don't think Alitalia has a contract with CIP, but you could give it a try to be sure. The CIP terminal is only a 5 minute walk to the main terminal. It is possible to pay for access to CIP, but it's rather expensive, 100 dollar if I remember correctly. Not worth it IMHO, looking at the reviews. They were so kind to drive me back to the main terminal with my luggage after I didn't want to pay for access.

The main terminal is rather straight forward and easy to use. You start with a security screening of all your luggage. Here can be a bit of a queue, but normally it goes pretty fast. Security is quick and they aren't that picky.

After security you find the checkin counters. Nothing special here, but be prepared to expect mediocre service. Last week the J counter at Etihad was closed.

At checkin they give J class pax a paper which entitles them to use fast track immigration. It's a small corridor, they can point you in the right direction. At the beginning of this corridor is a check where they take the paper and stamp your BP for lounge access. After this check is the imiigration officer. I never had anyone in front of me here.

After immigration follow the red carpet of the corridor and turn left at the end of the corridor. After some shops you will see a small foodcourt. Turn right at the foodcourt, at the end of the foodcourt is stair down to the lounge.

The lounge is simple, but they improved the food offerings the last time I was there.

Before the gate is another security check for your checkin luggage.

Priority boarding depends on the airline. Etihad does it sometimes not always.

Safe travel.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you regtur for your detalied explanation.
I usually tend to discover myself the airport issues but Iran is a unique country, so your "direct experience" was really useful …..

When in Tehran I asked the hotel reception to call the CIP terminal and then confirmed that Alitalia does not have any agreement with them.

So I went in main terminal.

Some glitches:

Pre-security took 25 minutes (at 2 AM)
The Alitalia (actually staffed by Iran Air) J counter decided to check-in a family of 6 flying Y with 21 luggages (really I counted !), so we had to (politely) argue with the the near Y counter in order to accept us.

regards
Old May 1, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
Glad it was useful. And thanks for reporting back, always interesting to read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.