Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia Lounge Access arriving FCO?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Alitalia Lounge Access arriving FCO?

We are flying Z class from JFK - FCO on Alitalia. Is there a lounge upon arrival we can use to shower? We arrive at 6am and would like to shower and head straight out. I called Alitalia and they said with business class you can get lounge access upon arrival, but since this is international, once you pass customs is there a way to access the lounge?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
There's no arrivals lounge and no way to access any of the departures lounge as an O&D passenger
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks! That's what I thought as well, but Alitalia said for sure I could. I was skeptical
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
There's no arrivals lounge and no way to access any of the departures lounge as an O&D passenger
Why not? The Dolce Vita lounge is in the departure hall before security
It has no showers though.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto
Why not? The Dolce Vita lounge is in the departure hall before security
You need a departing boarding pass for access.

Unless the lounge agent knows you or likes the look of you
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You need a departing boarding pass for access.
Seems not...

Originally Posted by cmccann
I called Alitalia and they said with business class you can get lounge access upon arrival
One way to find out, though
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
My understanding also is that you can use the Dolce Vita lounge on arrival at terminal one.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
there is definitely an alitalia lounge with at least two showers in terminal 3 /boarding area E (former Alitalia Club Freccia Alata Lounge Le Navi).
One shower for male and one shower for female. Access is from the respective restroom.

the lounge is before passing immigration and customs - in the transfer area. so you need to head to the lounge first and then to the airport exit.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Related question....

I'm looking at options for flights USA-TLV in J in a couple of months. One of the options is to connect in FCO rather than taking the nonstop JFK-TLV. The flight USA-FCO would be on DL, and the flight FCO-TLV would be on AZ. I'd have a 4-5 hour layover in FCO depending on the originating gateway in the USA.

If I were to take this option, how much of a headache would it be to try to access the Casa Alitalia lounge that has a shower? I'm assuming that both flights would be on concourse E and that I'd never have to pass passport control since I'd be in transit between two non-schengen countries. Is that a correct assumption?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I did EZE-FCO-TLV last year with a 3 hour connection in Rome. I did enjoy Casa Alitalia during my transit as I didn't have to clear immigration in Schengenland - I assume it's the same for your case.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Throw Down Your Leavy Screens
Related question....

I'm looking at options for flights USA-TLV in J in a couple of months. One of the options is to connect in FCO rather than taking the nonstop JFK-TLV. The flight USA-FCO would be on DL, and the flight FCO-TLV would be on AZ. I'd have a 4-5 hour layover in FCO depending on the originating gateway in the USA.

If I were to take this option, how much of a headache would it be to try to access the Casa Alitalia lounge that has a shower? I'm assuming that both flights would be on concourse E and that I'd never have to pass passport control since I'd be in transit between two non-schengen countries. Is that a correct assumption?
As indicated in the above post from @Marambio, you will not clear immigration in Rome and you can therefore head directly to Casa Alitalia (Le Navi) for a shower before walking to the other Casa Alitalia (Giotto, former concourse G, lower level), which I'm relatively sure hasn't got showers, but I could be wrong.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.