Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Questions for Experienced AZ Flyers (JFK-FCO-PMO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass

Ciao Tutti -

My wife and I recently bit on the big J sale Alitalia is having from JFK-PMO (also for JFK-Naples). I've flown a few short-haul AZ flights in the past, but that was years ago, and I've got a few questions. I searched the forum, but couldn't find answers to the following:

- Have all the 330 and 777s been refurbished? I see that the old Magnifica seats were a drab grey, but the new design is a yellow-ish leather.

- Is overhead bin space really limited on AZ's planes in J because no center bins (I read this somewhere)?

- On our flights between FCO and PMO I was able to pick "comfort" seats in the first six rows of the plane. Will this be a typical intra-EU business flight or just economy service through the whole plane? I was surprised i could pick these seats (denoted as "business" on seatguru) because our short flights are booked in Y instead of J.

- How much time should we allot for getting between Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 at FCO?

- Do we have to use the AZ lounge at JFK? I've got priority pass and SkyTeam Elite Status (which should give me options). Any recommendations on best JFK departure lounge?

- Which is the best Lounge for us to use in FCO? I'll probably want to take a shower before we depart for PMO.

- Any other advice? Never flown AZ business class before.

Many Thanks! Happy to answer Delta questions when you come over to our forum.

VB
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:54 am

And ciao to you, VB - and indeed benvenuto to the AZ subforum.

Thanks for taking the time to post the above queries which, once answered, I'm sure will be of great assistance to other flyers, too.

That said and in answer to your questions:

I hope this helps but, needless to say, please do let me know should you need anything else - more than happy to assist.

Safe travels, VB ^

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Feb 16, 2017 at 2:23 am
                Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
                Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
                  except LIN - FCO - LIN f.ex.
                  Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
                  except LIN - FCO - LIN f.ex.
                  Is it business, though? Yes, in terms of fare but not with regards to the actual service on board? The fare, for the records, is named Comfort Flex.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.