Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Possible AZ cabin crew strike 23 February 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible AZ cabin crew strike 23 February 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I can only assume that there were one or two staff on each flight - probably juniors - whose specific job it was to restock the toilets, whereas now it is to be a task for all crew.

However, as noted upthread, the news outlets that focus on the "bathroom" element are missing the overall point. This is but one point on a long list of grievances.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Who pray tell tidied and replenished previously? The On-Board Janitor? While their standards may not be up to that of EVA Air, certainly the task was carried out to at least some degree.
I've never flown EVA, so I can't judge how how super clean their toilets are. What I can definitely say, though, AZ toilets never ever struck me as being clean "to some degree"; they were always clean, period!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:47 am

manjdhendsa -

The 201 morning service to FCO on FEB23 should operate as usual.

FYI for all - the LHR flights which will not operate are the following -

AZ204 FCO LHR
AZ208 FCO LHR
AZ210 FCO LHR
AZ207 LHR FCO
AZ209 LHR FCO

G
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The current full list of cancellations on February 22/23/24 can be viewed here. Also check for updates on the Alitalia website.

The only longhaul flights cancelled thus far are:

23 Feb:

AZ 756 FCO IKA
AZ 604 MXP JFK
AZ 605 JFK MXP

24 Feb:

AZ757 IKA FCO

Rebooking info and the number of a special helpline can be found here.

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 20, 2017 at 6:16 am
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The current full list of cancellations on February 22/23/24 can be viewed here. Also check for updates on the Alitalia website.

The only longhaul flights cancelled thus far are:

23 Feb:

AZ 756 FCO IKA
AZ 604 MXP JFK
AZ 605 JFK MXP

24 Feb:

AZ757 IKA FCO

Rebooking info and the number of a special helpline can be found here.
Sadly not really full. For example afternoon CAG-FCO flights on 22nd have also been cancelled.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sciamano
Sadly not really full. For example afternoon CAG-FCO flights on 22nd have also been cancelled.
Cagliari to Fiumcino is not long-haul (lungo raggio).

The CAG flights on 22 February are in the full list which I linked to above:
Attached Images  
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:46 am

Cagliari to Fiumcino is not long-haul (lungo raggio).

The CAG flights on 22 February are in the full list which I linked to above:
Sorry but maybe it's me. I've seen the list but it refers to FCO-CAG and not CAG-FCO. (and it's not the route because there's also the specific flight number)

p.s. I know CAG-FCO is not long-haul
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry but maybe it's me. I've seen the list but it refers to FCO-CAG and not CAG-FCO. (and it's not the route because there's also the specific flight number)
Only the planes that overnight at CAG from LIN (AZ1574, arriving at 23:25) and FCO (AZ1599, arriving at 22:55) are shown as cancelled.

That there are no seats available on most of the flights from CAG to LIN or FCO on 22 February does not, of itself, mean that these flights are cancelled - they are likely already sold out, particularly as people wishing to travel on the Thursday bring their travel plans forward.

Unless you have a definitive other source showing that flights from CAG have been cancelled on 22 February, I am not convinced that there are cancellations...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:19 am

[...]Unless you have a definitive other source showing that flights from CAG have been cancelled on 22 February, I am not convinced that there are cancellations...
This morning my gf's office departement tried buying for her a FCO-CAG r/t but they were told by TA that inbound could'n be sold due to the strike.
So the source it's me.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Which can also just mean that seats are already sold out due to the strike on the following day...

I will keep an eye on Wednesday afternoon as to which flights actually operate
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:40 am

Which can also just mean that seats are already sold out due to the strike on the following day...

I will keep an eye on Wednesday afternoon as to which flights actually operate
I will keep an eye too too also because it's sounds strange also to me but she was told this and not that seats are already sold out...
Other weird thing (but not so strange when speaking about AZ) is that on AZ's website some flights are still available.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Customer Support

So.... customer support line has a prerecorded message in Italian. Look like it's referring to the Italian freephone number. Which has the same message.

Very useful. Overloaded center ? On strike already ?...

Looked at flightstats - flights that are cancelled as per the AZ link are showing as OK on flighstats...

(https://www.alitalia.com/content/dam...%20list_it.pdf)

Last edited by dand99; Feb 22, 2017 at 10:00 am
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will keep an eye too too also because it's sounds strange also to me but she was told this and not that seats are already sold out...
AS of the time of writing, 4 of the normal 5 flights of the day have departed on the CAG-LIN route. The fifth and final route is currently scheduled to depart on time:

AZ1561 CAG 0645 LIN 0821
AZ1573 CAG 0828 LIN 0944
AZ1565 CAG 1231 LIN 1351
AZ1567 CAG 1627 LIN (eta 1758 - currently en-route)
AZ1559 CAG scheduled for 2125, showing on time

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/AZA1561
https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/AZA1573
https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/AZA1565
https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/AZA1567
https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/AZA1559

(I don't think it sounds that strange. They didn't say that the flights were cancelled because of the strike - I would also have interpreted "not being able to fly on Wednesday afternoon/evening" as meaning that seats had been sold out because of the forthcoming strike. If you've ever experienced a strike before, you know that the flights that do run ARE full to capacity, on either side...)
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dand99

Looked at flightstats - flights that are cancelled as per the AZ link are showing as OK on flighstats...

(https://www.alitalia.com/content/dam...%20list_it.pdf)
Flightstats.com is showing today's cancelled flights as cancelled.

You should probably not bother checking tomorrow's flights there until tomorrow.

Besides - the information provided by Alitalia is always more likely to be more accurate and up to date than that provided by third parties or screen-scraper websites.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
If AZ has cancelled, I would expect the information to be out there (updated in flight information by Alitalia)

Flightstats.com is showing today's cancelled flights as cancelled.

You should probably not bother checking tomorrow's flights there until tomorrow.

Besides - the information provided by Alitalia is always more likely to be more accurate and up to date than that provided by third parties or screen-scraper websites.
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.