Wiki Posts
Search

Prematurely Downgraded

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Prematurely Downgraded

I matched to AZ Freccia Alata Club last year and received a card valid until 03/31/2017 but I flew KL today and discovered I was already downgraded to no status. What gives?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
How bizarre, I flew a few weeks ago using my status matched card, also on KLM, no problems.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I matched to AZ Freccia Alata Club last year and received a card valid until 03/31/2017 but I flew KL today and discovered I was already downgraded to no status. What gives?
Your status had to be retained by 31/12/2016 in order to maintain FA status for 2017.

Your card, and status, are valid during a grace period until 31/03/2017.

If your number is not entered as a 10-digit number KL will not see your status.

You should always carry your card, especially when travelling on partner airlines
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
I suspect that this may be due to the card number not being entered correctly.

I too was status matched and have failed to meet the FA Plus threshold. FA only for 2017, but my card still shows on Etihad as FA Plus. Needed to add the 000 before the number before it updated in their system though.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OttoMH
I suspect that this may be due to the card number not being entered correctly.

I too was status matched and have failed to meet the FA Plus threshold. FA only for 2017, but my card still shows on Etihad as FA Plus. Needed to add the 000 before the number before it updated in their system though.
That seemed to be the problem. Check-in desk at AMS said leading zeroes not entered so Elite Plus didn't show up. Strangely enough though, after printing me a new boarding pass with Sky Priority printed and the AZ number with leading zeroes on it, I was still asked for my card at the lounge as the dragon said my status did not come up on their system.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You should always carry your card, especially when travelling on partner airlines
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 1353513636
That seemed to be the problem. Check-in desk at AMS said leading zeroes not entered so Elite Plus didn't show up. Strangely enough though, after printing me a new boarding pass with Sky Priority printed and the AZ number with leading zeroes on it, I was still asked for my card at the lounge as the dragon said my status did not come up on their system.
i had exactly the same situation yesterday. BP printed with SkyPriority but no level was stated. Funny enough, AB Topbonus Silver prints as Flying Blue Silver on a boardingpass from KLM when flying AZ.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Funny enough, AB Topbonus Silver prints as Flying Blue Silver on a boardingpass from KLM when flying AZ.
so...did KLM give you a baggage allowance on AZ as topbonus Silver?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I travelled with my AZ FA number in the booking and my companion who is AB Silver didn't check a bag. So unfortunately I can't tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.