Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in GVA transit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Check-in GVA transit

I'll be transiting through GVA, coming from CDG on an AF ticket and flying to FCO on an AZ one.

I just realized that on-line checkin is not allowed for passengers departing from GVA.
Is there a transit desk, or any other way, to check in and have my BP issued while remaining inside security ?
I won't be checking any baggage and I would hate to have to exit and go through security again.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Is this two separate tickets? AF should be able to check your bags through and check you in for the AZ flight too.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Yes, two separate tickets.
Flying from the US to CDG onto GVA and then a separate ticket on AZ.
I'll ask at check in if they can check me in through. Unfortunately there is no AZ presence at SFO, otherwise I would have asked them.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
The flight from CDG will arrive in GVA in the French sector. You can transit to the international terminal, where you will find the transit desk. AZ is handled by Dnata, they should be able to issue you a bording pass. If not, go directly to the gate or get it at the check-in counters. GVA is a small airport.

https://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault...late-GVA_print
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:02 am
Original Poster

For future reference, here's how it went down:

- At SFO AF could not issue the BP on the AZ flight from GVA, but they tagged my checked bag all the way to FCO. Agent said "check in GVA they actually boarded it".

- At GVA, unless already in possession of a BP, one necessarily has to go through baggage delivery and out.

- It turned out to be a good thing since I waited a few minutes at the carousel and my bag, tagged to FCO, popped out.

- I took it, went to AZ check-in desk to get my BP, and at that point kept it with me to avoid FCO baggage delivery delays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.