Wiki Posts
Search

First flight experience with Alitalia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
FCO Terminal 3 to 1 connection time

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
LH/SN and [at times] SK would also normally announce gate numbers. That said, I'm afraid you went through the usual-standard hit & miss experience when flying AZ/connecting in FCO.

G
I am flying Business Class to Athens on AZ through FCO from BOS tonight. I have read you not only have to go through security but then take a bus that is at least 45 minutes getting to Terminal 1. Has anyone experienced that? IF my flight takes off on time from BOS I have 2:05 to connect. However, it usually leaves at least 25 minutes late. My main worry is I have another connection after FCO in ATH.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by yolandearagon
I am flying Business Class to Athens on AZ through FCO from BOS tonight. I have read you not only have to go through security but then take a bus that is at least 45 minutes getting to Terminal 1. Has anyone experienced that? IF my flight takes off on time from BOS I have 2:05 to connect. However, it usually leaves at least 25 minutes late. My main worry is I have another connection after FCO in ATH.
Dont know of any bus that takes 45 mins to get anywhere in FCO, maybe FCO to city center !!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by yolandearagon
Who gave you the bus info? If you walk airside, from last checkpoint (immigration & security) it's not more than 10-15 minutes, and after the long flight, that's what I suggest you do. Ιf your delay is less than one hour it will be a breeze, otherwise you may have to walk faster, skip the cup of coffee on the way and push the other people waiting at the queues a little bit...
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
Begging out of a security check !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Tough to belive this one.
In Shanghi I needed a wheelchair. When we got to the security checkpoint, they just waved me and the pusher on through. No metal detector or pat down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.