Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Delta flights using AZ miles.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Booking Delta flights using AZ miles.

I posted in newbie question thread but didn't get any answers, so maybe new thread will get more attention. I did internet search but didn't get conclusive answer and most info is a few years old. Most blogs mention booking AZ with Delta miles or how to book AZ flights with miles in general.

Is it possible to book flights on Delta with AZ miles?

I found their table with miles required for USA and according to this, USA to USA is 25K miles. I checked availability on Delta flights using ExpertFlyer and I can see "Economy - Saver Level/Partner Award" on flights I'm interested in.

When I called AZ call centre, they couldn't come up with it and said that according to them there's no availability and they can't book it for me.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
When I called AZ call centre, they couldn't come up with it and said that according to them there's no availability and they can't book it for me.
Makes sense, or?

Award Availability might be different with parter airlines. Try it again with other flights, etc.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:25 am
Original Poster

I called again yesterday and got connected to different service centre where they knew what I'm talking about and could see the flights but said there's IT issue and even if they book the flights, Delta wouldn't see it. I was told to try today again, as it should be fixed.

I must say, first agent wasn't very clued in and even suggested I should call Delta to book award flights with them ... I don't think he knew how to search for partner's flights.

----------
My third attempt ended the same "System is not fixed, please call tomorrow."

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Jul 20, 2016 at 4:14 am
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:36 am

Flew ams cdg lim on AFR and flying MDE ATL AMS 9th August on DL using 60k AZ miles
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

After a week of calling every day, I managed to book my flights on Delta. It took ages on the phone and had to call 3 times today before getting agent who knew what he's doing.

I hope baggage is free for Elites on award ticket. I was able to choose Preferred seat after adding my AZ FF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.