Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Freccia Alata with AZ tkt on AF metal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Baggage Freccia Alata with AZ tkt on AF metal

Hi,

I've bought an AZ tkt on AF metal. It's an economy light/mini fare and there's no checked baggage admitted but as CFA I should be eligible or could AF make issues?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
On an AZ flight, as CFA, you would be allowed of one checked baggage with an AZ light fare...

Guess, your question would better be placed in the AF/KLM forum to get more answers.

Mod informed to move your thread!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: AZ, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, HHonors
I haven't tried it on AF but it works on KLM and I believe the rules should also apply to AF. It seems on most KLM economy tickets the default checked baggage allowance is 0 unless you pay a small fee but as an AZ CFA (or ST Elite + as it will be to them) I have never had any issues.

Actually, in fact if you look at the AF website and use the baggage calculator you will see that for ST Elite and higher you can check one bag.

http://www.airfrance.it/cgi-bin/AF/I...hod=jspProcess
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richyhu
I haven't tried it on AF but it works on KLM and I believe the rules should also apply to AF. It seems on most KLM economy tickets the default checked baggage allowance is 0 unless you pay a small fee but as an AZ CFA (or ST Elite + as it will be to them) I have never had any issues.

Actually, in fact if you look at the AF website and use the baggage calculator you will see that for ST Elite and higher you can check one bag.

http://www.airfrance.it/cgi-bin/AF/I...hod=jspProcess
I know and my doubt comes exactly from the AF website where it's shown only FlyingBlue Elite.
Where do you see it clearly says ST Elite?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: AZ, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, HHonors
Originally Posted by Sciamano
I know and my doubt comes exactly from the AF website where it's shown only FlyingBlue Elite.
Where do you see it clearly says ST Elite?
No, you're are correct and it was my mistake, it doesn't specifically say ST Elite, only FB Elite. But if it is good enough for FB Elite you would think it is good enough for ST Elite Plus!

If you go to the Skyteam website -

http://www.skyteam.com/en/frequent-flyers/ and then choose AZ and Freccia Alata in the drop-downs it would seem to confirm the extra baggage allowance on Skyteam flights.

Last edited by richyhu; Jul 7, 2016 at 5:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.