5 month old in business class

Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:43 am
Original Poster

5 month old in business class

folks

i'm using air france miles to book an alitalia business return ticket (JFK-FCO). Does my baby fly free or have to pay some taxes?

Thx
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The standard rule on international itineraries is that lap infants pay 10% of the fare for the cabin (business class) plus 100% of all taxes and fees. This can be a significant amount of money. A few carriers charge as much as 25% and some use the full unrestricted fare for the calculation.

You need to get a ticket, preferably in advance as some airlines base the 10% on the lowest available fare at the time the baby's ticket is purchased. Plus, I wouldn't want to try to do this at JFK on the day of departure with an infant.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Got it - do they provide bassinets in business class? I was told by a certain alitalia agent that the A330 doesn't have any bassinets at all but i was considering coach at that time
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Also, flying blue booked me an award J ticket. Outbound to Rome is on AZ609 and return is on air france. The reservation hold shows my infant's name but they didn't charge me any extra taxes and said it's free for infants. It's just $570 for each of us

Does that mean I have to pay extra taxes at the airport? Is there a way to sort this out before hand?

Thx
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by sam007
Also, flying blue booked me an award J ticket. Outbound to Rome is on AZ609 and return is on air france. The reservation hold shows my infant's name but they didn't charge me any extra taxes and said it's free for infants. It's just $570 for each of us

Does that mean I have to pay extra taxes at the airport? Is there a way to sort this out before hand?

Thx
What do you mean with $570 for each of you? Babies only pay 10%, or do you mean your partner?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.