Wiki Posts
Search

AZ from Malta & Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
AZ from Malta & Budapest

I have flown recently from both Malta and Budapest to Rome on Alitalia. There is no possibility of using online check-in, or selecting your seats went flying Alitalia from these airports. It may apply to other airports to, I have yet to discover! Any reason why this is the case?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by AirCub1
There is no possibility of using online check-in, or selecting your seats went flying Alitalia from these airports. It may apply to other airports to, I have yet to discover! Any reason why this is the case?
There is a list on their website, when you go to OLCI there is a FAQ section with "who cannot use OLCI".
You can still select seats in advance when booking the ticket, or later via manage my booking (on the occasions that it does work) or by calling them.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
I'm interested in the reason why, though.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:38 am

I'm interested in the reason why, though.
My guess is that there is a different answer for each airport. Only the people responsible for OLCI at AZ will be able to give you valid answers...
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:01 pm

I'm sure I did ask the question when I flew LH from SJJ and on-line check-in was not available - I can't unfortunately remember what I got told at the time, though. That said, I've just double checked the LH website and there's actually a list of airports where on-line check-in is not possible (no reason given, though).

G
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
I have flown recently from both Malta and Budapest to Rome on Alitalia. There is no possibility of using online check-in, or selecting your seats went flying Alitalia from these airports. It may apply to other airports to, I have yet to discover! Any reason why this is the case?
Depends on the departure control system being used at the airport, or on the security requirements imposed locally.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AZ still has a city office (wow...) in Malta and you can call them to make seat assignments.

The staff are really eager to help.

The comfort row is not blocked for Elites ex-MLA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.