Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
MilleMiglia Status Match?

I did a quick google and couldn't find much information.

I'm a BAEC Silver (Oneworld Sapphire) and want to status match to MM scheme.
Is this something they entertain? I just sent off an email with a PDF showing my status and regular LHR-LIN flights on BA, so hoping they will play ball.

Any other experiences?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
MM Status Match?

I am not aware of any status match done by AZ (or any skyteam memeber as far as my experience goes). good luck though!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by CocoPops
Is this something they entertain? I just sent off an email with a PDF showing my status and regular LHR-LIN flights on BA, so hoping they will play ball.

Any other experiences?
I know a few people who tried and were rejected however, given the recent changes and the fact that they seem to be willing to attract as many new customers as possible (recently, there were some great offers in terms of miles earning), they may consider it (especially with proof of your regular LHR-LIN flights). Let us know how you get on and, hopefully-in case, they'll match you with Freccia Alata rather than Ulisse status.

G
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:47 am

I'm not sure how credible/recent this source is but, if you scroll down the bottom, you'll find a few interesting posts -

http://statusmatcher.com/company/21277

G
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Well I emailed on Monday and heard nothing so far.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
MM Status Match?

They offered status match a few years back

Iniziativa - vola al top

Haven't seen anything since EXCEPT getting an amex card and with gold getting ulisse for 1 year and with plat getting freccia alata

Good mileage offers as well with gold with first year free so it is a no lose try but obviously u need to be resident in italy
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CocoPops
I did a quick google and couldn't find much information.

I'm a BAEC Silver (Oneworld Sapphire) and want to status match to MM scheme.

Any other experiences?
Does AZ serve the routes you fly? I'm puzzled how you would use AZ to travel between LHR and SIN. Does AZ fly FCO-SIN nonstop? On SkyTeam, I would think that the natural choices would be AF through CDG or KLM through AMS. It's not clear how such a status match would serve the business interests of AZ versus some of its partners.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does AZ serve the routes you fly? I'm puzzled how you would use AZ to travel between LHR and SIN.
That's LIN (Milan-Linate).

G
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

LOL.... I wish I flew to SIN regularly, but alas it's LIN.... which as AlicorporateUK points out is Milan-Linate.

So, yes it is a regular Alitalia route
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:31 pm

@CocoPops -

May I ask, out of sheer curiosity, whether you're planning to fly AZ more often (hence the status-match request) and if there's any reason behind (price, time...) or whether instead you're hoping to get MM status to give you the chance to access lounge etc. in case you time-to-time end up flying with them?

I'm also a fairly regular on that route (especially when based in our London offices) but book AZ just because of my Sky Team status.

G
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:38 am
Original Poster

I work for a telecoms company that has offices in Milan

I had a reply back from customer.serviceuk@al.... "Please call our customer service team on 0800....""

Yeah, really useful, thanks.

Still waiting on the MM email address.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
I think its back.

https://milepoint.com/forums/threads...-match.127593/
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:19 am

No hope for AF-KLers (& Sky Teamers) apparently. And I'm not really sure it's worth getting a status match to Ulisse (from LH's FTL).

G
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:36 am

Confirmed: no status match with Sky Team airlines' programs.

FYI - I got a response from Alitalia saying that
the Frequent Flyer card provided does not meet the requirements of the Status Match initiative.
G
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The statement linked to above indicated that Skyteam airlines are not being matched. (And this is generally the case, when it comes to status matching).

What I'm more interested in finding out is whether they match from Etihad...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.