Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection - Not being saved!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Seat selection - Not being saved!

Booked a flight from expedia and I am using MMB to change seats, but it won't be saved. Any idea why?
Old May 29, 2016, 11:33 pm

Not sure what MMB is... but I've seen enough sites who theoretically allows you to select any seat on the airplane (except ones that are already taken of course), regardless of whether those are paid seats.
If you actually select a paid seat, it just fails to save the seat selection without any meaningful error message.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
Not sure what MMB is... but I've seen enough sites who theoretically allows you to select any seat on the airplane (except ones that are already taken of course), regardless of whether those are paid seats.
If you actually select a paid seat, it just fails to save the seat selection without any meaningful error message.
MMB is manage my booking. I booked a business class ticket combined with Premium economy, TLV-FCO-JFK.
I can select the seats, I press confirm and it just ignore my selection. It seems like theere is a bug as well where only the one before last seat selection is being "saved" but after getting out of the MMB and getting back in it disappears..
Old May 31, 2016, 7:17 am
Original Poster

well, after 1:30 hours on the phone, I now have my seat assignments.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:42 pm

I have the same issue. Outbound shows selected seats online, inbound shows none selected. Phone call confirms all seat selections, just doesn't show online. I've called to check twice, seems to be in order.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Same issue, inbound flights selected with no issue. Return flights from TLV will not save and prompts an error message.

(Have reported it to customer services via email, but given the back-side of AZ is totally useless and incompetent they will probably just be arguing over whose responsibility it is for the next three months before deciding the matter is causing too much stress and replying back with a generic "we're sorry" and before they go out for a cigarette.)

Last edited by kiwitakingflight; Jun 6, 2016 at 4:23 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:56 am

I have had this issue with all my bookings on AZ made by my company's travel agent over the last few months. I can select a new seat on "manage my booking" after the booking is made, but the change is not saved.

The travel agent (AmEx) seems to think it's normal that I cannot change the seat selection made by them in the booking. AZ on the other hand doesn't seem to have an opinion at all...
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Koby
I have had this issue with all my bookings on AZ made by my company's travel agent over the last few months. I can select a new seat on "manage my booking" after the booking is made, but the change is not saved.

The travel agent (AmEx) seems to think it's normal that I cannot change the seat selection made by them in the booking. AZ on the other hand doesn't seem to have an opinion at all...
Call AZ. The webpage doesn't show the saved selection but they seem to have it on record. That's the case with a reservation of mine.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Koby
The travel agent (AmEx) seems to think it's normal that I cannot change the seat selection made by them in the booking.
That's actually quite right, and why don't you get them to do this for you, since you use a travel agent? :-)
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by raistlin
That's actually quite right, and why don't you get them to do this for you, since you use a travel agent? :-)
I find it easier to look at the seat map myself and immediately make my choice (and save it), rather than having to contact the TA again for that (with the added risk of my choice being taken already). The fact that we are not supposed to be in direct contact with the travel agent (there is a department for that ) makes it only more cumbersome...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.