Skyteam Plus status not recognized with CSA

Old May 27, 2016, 5:56 pm
aw
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Skyteam Plus status not recognized with CSA

Hi,

I made a booking with CSA through Priceline from PRG-CDG and entered my AZ Freccia Alata Plus #. Tried to select a seat and it is asking me for USD 11+, even for non comfort seats. Isn't priority seating one of the benefits of Skyteam Elite +?

I called OK and the agent verified that my AZ FF# (8 digits) is there but did not see any reference to Skyteam Elite. However, I had another reservation on DL and the system recognized my status without problem with the exact 8 digits FF# from AZ.

I've read about others experiencing status recognition problem at KL and it seems that when you enter additional 0's to make it a 10 digit AZ FF# the problem is fixed. Is this the same case with OK?
Old May 28, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by aw
I made a booking with CSA through Priceline from PRG-CDG and entered my AZ Freccia Alata Plus #. Tried to select a seat and it is asking me for USD 11+, even for non comfort seats. Isn't priority seating one of the benefits of Skyteam Elite +?
Unfortunately not:
What benefits do I enjoy as a SkyTeam Elite Plus passenger?

The Elite Plus-status level receives the above, as well as:
Guaranteed full-fare Y-class reservation on sold-out long-haul flights, at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Access to airport lounges worldwide, whatever the class of travel, for members in possession of a boarding pass, accompanied by a guest.
Priority baggage handling on arrival, whatever the class of travel
Theese days it's quite normal in Europe that seats in Y-cl can only be booked in andvance for a fee. Here the OK site:
http://www.csa.cz/en/portal/info-and...ce_sedadla.htm

Originally Posted by aw
I've read about others experiencing status recognition problem at KL and it seems that when you enter additional 0's to make it a 10 digit AZ FF# the problem is fixed. Is this the same case with OK?
Did you call OK and let change your AZ MM nr to 10 Digits?
Old May 28, 2016, 4:51 pm
aw
Original Poster

It seems that priority seating is still an advertised benefit for Skyteam Elite on this link:

http://www.skyteam.com/en/frequent-flyers/

I haven't tried to change the FF# to a 10 digit yet. I can't modify it through the OK website so I need to talk to a live agent abroad. The toll free number that I used for the U.S. can only confirm the information and would not do any changes referring me instead to their main office in PRG. I just wanted to confirm with other flyers here if this was a similar situation to KL.

Thanks for your reply.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
CSA doesn't waive the seat selection fee for their own status members, so they are not going to waive it for you. Advance seat selection is free of charge only for holders of Flex and Business tickets.

http://www.csa.cz/en/portal/info-and...ce_sedadla.htm

Select your seat for free when you check in.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:15 am
aw
Original Poster

I guess I've been spoiled by Oneworld. Skyteam is new to me and the rules are different as I'm finding out.

I don't mind paying some fees (like ordering a J meal while flying in Y), but being charged for reserving any seat even as a top elite member is ridiculous and I refuse to pay out of principle. The flight is midweek in the afternoon so I don't think that it will be very full and I will take my chances.

When I talked to reservations they were able to see my Alitalia acct # in the record, but again not the elite status.

Thanks.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:30 am

Each airline is different in this regard, AF/KL gives advanced seat selection to FB Silver and above and discounted or free selection of otherwise paid seats for Gold/Platinum
Old May 30, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by aw
I don't mind paying some fees (like ordering a J meal while flying in Y), but being charged for reserving any seat even as a top elite member is ridiculous and I refuse to pay out of principle. The flight is midweek in the afternoon so I don't think that it will be very full and I will take my chances.
No-one is asking you to pay. You can select for free at check-in, which is what almost everyone else will do.

This is not a "Skyteam" issue. Every airline has their own approach to seat selection.

And despite what is stated above, Air France still doesn't even allow advance economy seat selection on shorthaul - even if you were prepared to pay, you simply can't select a seat in advance, because this functionality is not even supported: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...dium-haul.html
Old May 30, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
And despite what is stated above, Air France still doesn't even allow advance economy seat selection on shorthaul - even if you were prepared to pay, you simply can't select a seat in advance, because this functionality is not even supported: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...dium-haul.html
Indeed my mistake, even though it is quoted in FB site, it is not actually possible with AF.
Worked like a charm with KLM for all my recent short haul flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.