Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Without Physical Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Thanks; and I thought the FRA is a complicated airpot I hope that after my first visit to FCO tomorrow everything will become clearer.
FCO is not complicated, it is just badly organised and lacking in good infrastructure (see limited number of jet-bridges, lack of space near boarding areas, old lounges etc.). Obviously, the fire didn't help, making T1-T3 connections (vital for AZ because of the significant domestic feed network) a pain to say the least.

G
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
FCO is not complicated, it is just badly organised and lacking in good infrastructure (see limited number of jet-bridges, lack of space near boarding areas, old lounges etc.). Obviously, the fire didn't help, making T1-T3 connections (vital for AZ because of the significant domestic feed network) a pain to say the least.

G
^
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:52 am

Safe journey and let us know how you get on.

G
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:22 am

So I see now that the FCO-VCE flight leaves from gate B17 - does this changes the lounge situation on the outbound?
This is quite likely to change until tomorrow... I had connections in FCO where the gate on the boarding pass I got in AMS was changed once while I was seating in the AMS lounge and once more before arriving to FCO

How long is your connection BTW? Last I was flying a TLV-FCO-AMS route more than a year ago there wasn't any skypriority lanes at transit security or passport control, so it might be quicker to go land side if there is a mess in security.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
This is quite likely to change until tomorrow
B17 was today's boarding gate for AZ1465 - this can [and most certainly will] indeed change tomorrow but, as already mentioned above, lounge arrangements will remain the same. As for security: assuming the OP will be getting to FCO on the 817 service from TLV, an hour+ is more than enough for that particular connection, even if it's busy at passports & security. That said, funnily enough the 32S which did the morning flight to FCO from TLV operated the 1465 to VCE today.

G
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:15 am
Original Poster

This is quite likely to change until tomorrow... I had connections in FCO where the gate on the boarding pass I got in AMS was changed once while I was seating in the AMS lounge and once more before arriving to FCO

How long is your connection BTW? Last I was flying a TLV-FCO-AMS route more than a year ago there wasn't any skypriority lanes at transit security or passport control, so it might be quicker to go land side if there is a mess in security.
Yes, I'm coming on AZ817 and continuing on AZ1475 (I think there is an earlier doable flight but didn't want to be rushed as this is a non business trip). In terms of immigration - I have an EU passport, can it help if I do decide to go landside (like in LHR T5)? I am traveling HBO if it matters for something.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:29 am

Yes, I'm coming on AZ817 and continuing on AZ1475 (I think there is an earlier doable flight but didn't want to be rushed as this is a non business trip). In terms of immigration - I have an EU passport, can it help if I do decide to go landside (like in LHR T5)? I am traveling HBO if it matters for something.
You can go land-side and visit the recently refurbished Dolce Vita lounge at T1.

G
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:46 am
Original Poster

You can go land-side and visit the recently refurbished Dolce Vita lounge at T1.

G
That would be nice How much time before departure do I have to leave this lounge? And a related question - I am traveling with my wife and 2 kids on the same PNR. Only my BP has Ski Priority on it; am I correct in assuming that I can bring them along with me through priority lanes etc?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:03 am

That would be nice How much time before departure do I have to leave this lounge? And a related question - I am traveling with my wife and 2 kids on the same PNR. Only my BP has Ski Priority on it; am I correct in assuming that I can bring them along with me through priority lanes etc?
You have a dedicated [Sky Priority] lane on the right hand side of the main hall at T1 (when facing the big flight information screen), or left hand side when exiting the lounge. Dolce Vita to B gates would take roughly 10 minutes in normal circumstances however I'd leave 50 minutes before your flight just to be on the safe side. And your family will be allowed through the priority lane both at security and during boarding.

G
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:27 am
Original Poster

You have a dedicated [Sky Priority] lane on the right hand side of the main hall at T1 (when facing the big flight information screen), or left hand side when exiting the lounge. Dolce Vita to B gates would take roughly 10 minutes in normal circumstances however I'd leave 50 minutes before your flight just to be on the safe side. And your family will be allowed through the priority lane both at security and during boarding.

G
Cheers; much appreciated.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:29 am

It is a good idea indeed, especially for a 3 hours connection... it is the better of the lounges and have a flight simulator, but otherwise it is just as boring as the others.

I am traveling HBO if it matters for something.
It does for one thing only, Alitalia seems to be 'forgetting' to load baggage to connecting flights in FCO far too often for my liking
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:32 am
Original Poster

It does for one thing only, Alitalia seems to be 'forgetting' to load baggage to connecting flights in FCO far too often for my liking
So I've heard
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:51 am

So I've heard
On the bright side it did save me the cost of a taxi once as I had 2 checked in bags
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
So I've heard
Then you may also hear this: 5ish round leisure trips a year with AZ with connecting flights both in LIN and in FCO (25/75 I would say). So 10ish connections per year.
Baggages always delivered.
Since? Well, on a regular basis we have: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
In 2016 2 and half so far (one is half for the outbound started in 2015) and the positive pattern continues.
Maybe it is the yellow priority tag or the FB Platinum baggage tag that makes the trick
In Italianish I would say LAI, CAI o ETIHAI, the baggage always vedrai

U
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ulxima
Then you may also hear this: 5ish round leisure trips a year with AZ with connecting flights both in LIN and in FCO (25/75 I would say). So 10ish connections per year.
Baggages always delivered.
Since? Well, on a regular basis we have: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
In 2016 2 and half so far (one is half for the outbound started in 2015) and the positive pattern continues.
Maybe it is the yellow priority tag or the FB Platinum baggage tag that makes the trick
In Italianish I would say LAI, CAI o ETIHAI, the baggage always vedrai

U
How long were the connections? My luggage was delayed on 3 out of 5 connections I made in FCO last year... they were very short connections though (less than an hour), the other 2 was around 1h15

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.