Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ Lounge JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by thesaints
SkyTeam Elite+ can use the AF lounge at T1, can't they ?
You can, but they will try EVERYTHING to dissuade you.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:45 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
I visited the lounge last week. I was flying AF and decided to check out if the lounge had been refurbished or otherwised improved. Even the lounge dragon tried to discourage me ("Are you sure? The AF lounge is much better"). She let me in at my own risk but my visit lasted for mere 3 mins. She was right, the place is depressing.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by tff
I visited the lounge last week. I was flying AF and decided to check out if the lounge had been refurbished or otherwised improved. Even the lounge dragon tried to discourage me ("Are you sure? The AF lounge is much better"). She let me in at my own risk but my visit lasted for mere 3 mins. She was right, the place is depressing.
Indeed, one of the grimmest lounges I've ever visited - and I pretty much doubt they will do anything about it any time soon, which is a shame, mostly given that AZ has a few daily flights out of JFK to both FCO & MXP and having a lounge in that state does not reflect well on the airline at all.

G
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
In fact that lounge reflect the state of JFK airport....
I always go there for Italian newspapers but for the rest I go to AF lounge which is by far better even if not perfect.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Indeed, one of the grimmest lounges I've ever visited - and I pretty much doubt they will do anything about it any time soon, which is a shame, mostly given that AZ has a few daily flights out of JFK to both FCO & MXP and having a lounge in that state does not reflect well on the airline at all.
G
I have been assured that they will refurbish it soon.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by raistlin
I have been assured that they will refurbish it soon.
About time. Thanks, raistlin.

G
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver,HH Diamond
No access to AF lounge

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I think so. That's also a Priority Pass lounge. The new AZ lounges look nice, though - looking forward to visiting one as they materialize.
I flew AZ business class on December 1 and tried to enter the AF lounge but was told to go to the AZ lounge instead. On an earlier trip a year or so ago, I was allowed in.

Agreed that the JFK AZ lounge is one of the most dismal around. At least it is quiet!

I asked the gate agent about the planned remodel and she said there was a large conference about this a week or so ago. She did not know when the remodel was going to begin but did say the AZ lounge would be closed for 14 months or so while the work was underway.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:25 am

It seems that the JFK lounge will soon be closing and finally go through refurbishment (again, finally...).

G
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
New routes, new partnerships, new uniforms, new lounges...

...every airline should try bankruptcy restructurings. I am *loving* this new Alitalia
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I am *loving* this new Alitalia
Chances are that the Italian taxpayer may have a slightly different view on the matter, but hey-ho...

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.