Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: A3*G, FRECCIA ALATA CLUB
Originally Posted by richyhu
I think the only exception to that may be if you have a Ulisse or Freccia Alata card as a result of Amex that has a June expiry. The website says:

Thanks for your replies guys.

Well most of my last years routes were SA so i will only start to fly SkyTeam again after January. So in theory i will have 3 months to complete the requirements to keep my card, not very likely.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: QF Platinum
I took my first AZ flights on the weekend LCY-LIN-LCY.

Was it just me or do the self-checkin machines at LIN really:

Instruct you to insert your passport face down (when you really need to insert it face up); and

List Northwest Airlines and Continental Airlines as options for frequent flyer numbers (but list neither Delta nor Etihad)?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by luftaom
I took my first AZ flights on the weekend LCY-LIN-LCY.

Was it just me or do the self-checkin machines at LIN really:

Instruct you to insert your passport face down (when you really need to insert it face up); and

List Northwest Airlines and Continental Airlines as options for frequent flyer numbers (but list neither Delta nor Etihad)?
There's all sorts going on at the moment (in a nutshell: the recent switch-over to Sabre has gone terribly wrong) hence I'd not be surprised if that was the case (and I'm sure it wasn't just you!).

G
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:17 am

I know its possible to upgrade from premium economy to business with miles as long as there is I class inventory. Is it possible to do the same with economy to business or do I have to purchase premium economy?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta, Marco Polo
As a Delta Plat member, am I entitled to a free checked baggage on Alitalia?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:26 pm

Two times statusmatch

Do you know if it's possible to status match for a second time? (first time it was to CFA and this second time would be for CFP)
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Use chase UR to upgrade on Alitalia

Is it possible to use chase ultimate rewards points to upgrade on Alitalia from economy to business class. What would the best way be? Transfer to Air France miles? Or Korean? Or is thereanother way? Does anyone know how many miles it will cost us to Italy for an upgrade from different fare classes?

Thanks!
Zc
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:37 pm

AZ-Codeshare, Operated by AF -> Credit to AZ, FB or others?

Good afternoon, experts,

I am contemplating to credit some of the future flights from FCO-CDG-HKG, AZ-Codeshare, operated by AF. I see that for the business fares, we can get up to 300% miles. A few questions:

1. If I get status match from AA/UA to AZ, it looks like it will go directly to FRECCIA ALATA PLUS CLUB, correct?

2. If it is FRECCIA ALATA PLUS CLUB, we understand there will be 75% of the extra bonus miles to award the members, and there will be another 175% of the exclusive bonus miles to award the members. For example, in FCO-CDG-HKG in Class code of D, are we looking at:

(a) FCO-CDG -> 684*425% = roughly 2911 miles
(b) CDG-HKG -> 5970*475% = roughly 28458 miles one way?

3. For qualification, are we looking at actual miles flown or after the booking class, so in the above example, would that be 6654 Qualification miles or 19962 Qualification miles?

4. In this particular case, would it be better to credit these flights to AZ or other programs? It looks like this is the best mileage accrual.

Any help/advice would be deeply appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:48 pm

AZ doesn't status match anymore.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Good afternoon, experts,

I am contemplating to credit some of the future flights from FCO-CDG-HKG, AZ-Codeshare, operated by AF. I see that for the business fares, we can get up to 300% miles. A few questions:

1. If I get status match from AA/UA to AZ, it looks like it will go directly to FRECCIA ALATA PLUS CLUB, correct?

2. If it is FRECCIA ALATA PLUS CLUB, we understand there will be 75% of the extra bonus miles to award the members, and there will be another 175% of the exclusive bonus miles to award the members. For example, in FCO-CDG-HKG in Class code of D, are we looking at:

3. For qualification, are we looking at actual miles flown or after the booking class, so in the above example, would that be 6654 Qualification miles or 19962 Qualification miles?

4. In this particular case, would it be better to credit these flights to AZ or other programs? It looks like this is the best mileage accrual.

Any help/advice would be deeply appreciated.
Greetings, PaulInTheSky - good evening to you.

In answer to your queries:

1. It does depend on your status with AA/UA, they could also match you to Freccia Alata (or Ulisse, even, but I'm assuming you've gone through the relevant thread to find out about the latest, if any!). Most importantly, though: I am relatively sure they are no longer running a status-match campaign.

2. That's correct, Freccia Alata Plus members do indeed get a 75% bonus miles.

3. For qualification purposes, only flown miles are relevant.

4. Until December 31st 2017 and with the added 100% bonus, you are definitely better off crediting to AZ.

Let us know should you require further help.

G
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky

Within Europe you will only get 250% of the miles flown with a minimum 2500 miles...

https://www.alitalia.com/it_it/mille...glia/voli.html

Don't know were you got the information with the 75% and 175%...?
As CFP you will get an additional of 100% bonus miles, means on LH flights in C-cl you will get credited 400%. Starting from 01.01.2018 this bonus will be lowered to 75%...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:29 pm

It appears that the AZ website presently is allowing bookings only though 28 October 2017. Most airlines allow bookings from 330 days to 365 days out.

What is the AZ policy? Does anyone know when AZ might allow bookings beyond 28 October 2017.

Thank you.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
As someone who was matched in 2015 and very rarely fly Skyteam, forgive my total ignorance with the program. I have two questions though:

1. Isn't the Elite Plus status supposed to be shown on the boarding pass? Flew 2 segments on CZ and they had tremendous difficulties in adding the AZ number to the reservation. In the end only FF# was printed on the boarding pass, no other sign of the status. ("Sky priority" was printed but I assume this was because it was J tickets). Perhaps they failed to add the FF# correctly or perhaps there is no connection between CZ and AZ so they can't determine status? Or is this normal?

2. Have I understood the "Sky priority" concept correctly when I say there is no fixed benefit to it? Instead the benefits are determined from case to case, where the combination of airport, carrier and which airline's card you hold decides what benefits you get? I ask, because I was denied priority security at HND with the explanation that ticket and membership card has to be from the same airline.
skyteam.com suggests prio security is a part of "sky priority" but it would seem that different airports have different takes on it.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by intuition
As someone who was matched in 2015 and very rarely fly Skyteam, forgive my total ignorance with the program. I have two questions though:

1. Isn't the Elite Plus status supposed to be shown on the boarding pass? Flew 2 segments on CZ and they had tremendous difficulties in adding the AZ number to the reservation. In the end only FF# was printed on the boarding pass, no other sign of the status. ("Sky priority" was printed but I assume this was because it was J tickets). Perhaps they failed to add the FF# correctly or perhaps there is no connection between CZ and AZ so they can't determine status? Or is this normal?

2. Have I understood the "Sky priority" concept correctly when I say there is no fixed benefit to it? Instead the benefits are determined from case to case, where the combination of airport, carrier and which airline's card you hold decides what benefits you get? I ask, because I was denied priority security at HND with the explanation that ticket and membership card has to be from the same airline.
skyteam.com suggests prio security is a part of "sky priority" but it would seem that different airports have different takes on it.
Have a look here concerning the Sky Priority issue.

G
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OK, I read that thread before and figured it might be a part of the issues I had. Though like I said, I had "skyPriority" printed, it just wasn't enough.

With this sabre situation going on I guess it is of no use to try to add the AZ FF# to the return flights? I mean I will get whatever benefits there is from J ticket and since status won't print and with millemiglia enhancements of late it might be wiser to have points go to another skyteam program anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.