Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Thanks, Air.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Does AZ allow you to transfer miles to partners account or family pool? Just thinking about using it as a place for skyteam miles. Seem to fly them now and then.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:25 am

Is there a way to merge family accounts? I have several that have around 20,000 miles each..

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
What is meal service on the 10:00pm flight JFK to FCO? Do they serve dinner or breakfast/lunch or what?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by KingBraden
What is meal service on the 10:00pm flight JFK to FCO? Do they serve dinner or breakfast/lunch or what?
Dinner and breakfast.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
The MM program expires every few years [...] Last time would have been on 31DEC15. But the actual program has been extended until the 31AUG16 [...]
Hello,

I am just getting into the program, having statusmatched from BA and upcoming flights with EY (partly operated by AB). Have not found answers to below questions on their website. Thank you all for your help!!

1) Do I get miles for EY operated by AB? Do I even get the Exclusive bonus as per the "Services & Benefits" table for partner EY?

2) As I do not have enough miles yet, would somebody here let me know what the fees are for TXL-LIN? Just for reference. THX a million.

3) The redemption chart states that for flight TXL-LIN one needs 20.000 miles. When I try to do a booking, it shows that one needs 15.000 out + 12.500 in. What is it going to be?

4) I wonder about the constant expiration of the program itself.

I quote their current regulations:

"5.19 Members may earn Miles under this Program until its expiry on 31 December 2017. Rewards may be claimed by Members until 31 January 2018, and will be awarded to each eligible Member concurrently with his or her claim, except for the Rewards that necessarily need to be delivered to the Member’s home, in which case reference shall be made to the terms specified in the pages dedicated to the relevant initiatives of the websites www.alitalia.com and millemigliagallery.com."

2018 is far away and I am not too worried about making use of my miles but what exactly is the business idea behind all this? I have at least minimal qualms about trusting them on account of all that.

Last edited by jetlag airways; Sep 10, 2016 at 12:58 am Reason: addition of question 2 and 3
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:04 am

Checked Baggage

I am a Delta Platinum Medallion, and Elite Plus. I will be flying on Alitalia from Naples to Frankfort. I have two checked bags. Can I check both without a charge? What is the weight limit on those bags? I can't find an answer on Alitalia's website.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Is the bag drop-off desks shared among the ST airlines at LHR T4 ? Just wondering if it will be open more than 2hrs before the flight departure. Would be stupid to arrive too early and end up waiting.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mirk
Is the bag drop-off desks shared among the ST airlines at LHR T4 ? Just wondering if it will be open more than 2hrs before the flight departure. Would be stupid to arrive too early and end up waiting.
AZ check-in at LHR is handled by Azzurra (Ground Handling Services) and therefore not shared with other ST airlines; airport check-in opens 2 hours before the flight.

G
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by MotorCityJim
I am a Delta Platinum Medallion, and Elite Plus. I will be flying on Alitalia from Naples to Frankfort. I have two checked bags. Can I check both without a charge? What is the weight limit on those bags? I can't find an answer on Alitalia's website.
You should be able to check-in one additional free piece of baggage (up to 23kg).

G
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
AZ check-in at LHR is handled by Azzurra (Ground Handling Services) and therefore not shared with other ST airlines; airport check-in opens 2 hours before the flight.

G
Thank you !
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

G
For information, I was prepared to not check any bag but when I arrived at the airport 3h before AZ207 (leaves at 16:55) the drop off desk was open and I was able to get read of my carry on.

I asked when they opened and they said they opened something around 13:30.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP
How long does it take for new MilleMiglia accounts to become active? I signed up for an account yesterday. The call center suggested to call back tomorrow or to transfer in Amex points as that would instantly activate it.

I don't want to transfer any points, even 1k, until I know how much the fuel surcharges for my itinerary will be. They can't price out surcharges and taxes until the account is active.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Chantier
How long does it take for new MilleMiglia accounts to become active? I signed up for an account yesterday. The call center suggested to call back tomorrow or to transfer in Amex points as that would instantly activate it.

I don't want to transfer any points, even 1k, until I know how much the fuel surcharges for my itinerary will be. They can't price out surcharges and taxes until the account is active.
Well, in this case, you will never ever book an AZ award...

Your account is active right after the sign-up. But you won't be able to check for flights and quote taxes, if you don't have the needed amount of miles in your MM account. Have a look to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...ess-award.html
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Well, in this case, you will never ever book an AZ award...

Your account is active right after the sign-up. But you won't be able to check for flights and quote taxes, if you don't have the needed amount of miles in your MM account. Have a look to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...ess-award.html
Ended up transferring in 1k, then created a reservation and put it on hold, then transferred in the miles.

Booked JFK-SVO-ZAG // ZAG-CDG // CDG-SFO in biz all for 64k MR and ~$370 in surcharges/taxes thanks to the current MR bonus. Pretty good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.