Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
There is an award ticket section on the website's home-page (underneath the destination field), you will be prompted to log-on to your MilleMiglia account by clicking on it. Alternatively and depending on where you're based, you can obviously call the local customer services. That said, you can be sure that, even ringing the Italian call centre, you will most certainly get an English speaking agent - they will perhaps not speak BBC English but, looking at your writing (an internet options - no offence at all here, but it doesn't get more exotic than that!), I'm sure you'll be able to communicate

G
Hi there,

I'm looking at the MilleMiglia award ticket booking engine and I can't have any luck finding available flights, despite Expert Flyer showing inventory.

For example, AZ 603 (JFK-FCO) on 6/15 and AZ 608 (FCO-JFK) on 6/29 both show at least one Business - Award (Z) ticket available, but the search engine gives me the following error: "We are sorry but there are no flights that match your search criteria." I'm definitely specifying the correct dates, JFK and FCO airports, business class, and am logged into my MM account (although I don't have any miles - my plan would be to transfer them in from AmEx MR when I find flights I want). I've duplicated same issue on flights where Premium Economy is showing availability. What might the issue be? Do you have to have sufficient miles in your account to be even have the options show up on a search? Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Hi there,

I'm looking at the MilleMiglia award ticket booking engine and I can't have any luck finding available flights, despite Expert Flyer showing inventory.

For example, AZ 603 (JFK-FCO) on 6/15 and AZ 608 (FCO-JFK) on 6/29 both show at least one Business - Award (Z) ticket available, but the search engine gives me the following error: "We are sorry but there are no flights that match your search criteria." I'm definitely specifying the correct dates, JFK and FCO airports, business class, and am logged into my MM account (although I don't have any miles - my plan would be to transfer them in from AmEx MR when I find flights I want). I've duplicated same issue on flights where Premium Economy is showing availability. What might the issue be? Do you have to have sufficient miles in your account to be even have the options show up on a search? Thanks!
Your best bet is to call - have you got any status with AZ? Either way, give them a call and make sure you ring the Italian call centre (there should be an option for English language). You may not get the answer you want in the first instance (I've never had negative experiences when booking award tickets through AZ but people, including friends, have reported issues in getting seats which were looking painfully available through ExpertFlyer etc.), but be persistent and don't give up after the first call, if necessary. Let us know how you get on.

G
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA*S, CX*S, CI*G
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
There is an award ticket section on the website's home-page (underneath the destination field), you will be prompted to log-on to your MilleMiglia account by clicking on it. Alternatively and depending on where you're based, you can obviously call the local customer services. That said, you can be sure that, even ringing the Italian call centre, you will most certainly get an English speaking agent - they will perhaps not speak BBC English but, looking at your writing (an internet options - no offence at all here, but it doesn't get more exotic than that!), I'm sure you'll be able to communicate

G
Thank you for reminding the typo and offer me the answer!
(I am not a native speaker though haha)
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:52 am

This isn't really a AZ question, more of a Rome question, but I hope it's fine here. I have a flight departing FCO at 7:10 AM (non-schengen, actual metal is TK for what it's worth) and I'm wondering what are my best options for getting to the airport. Is the Leonardo Express at 5:35 that gets into FCO at 6:07 enough? Seems to me that it should be more than enough to clear security + passport control (I'm *G so should have fast-track access), but I have literally no idea how busy FCO is at this time of day.

Or should I just pay the 50E for the taxi?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AC*S, Delta Skymiles
Forgive me this question - I am flying Toronto to Rome in Premium Economy.
When I made the booking one of the features in "Compare the services for your chosen fare" drop down menu - VIP Lounge access had a check mark.
Will I beable to use the Skyteam Lounge in Toronto? KLM/AF
Will I be able to use a lounge in Rome - even if my onward flight connection does not have premium Economy Seating?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
no & no.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
How do you request a MilleMiglia retro-credit for partner flights, specifically KLM? The website only allows to retro-credit AZ flights...
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by igor82j
How do you request a MilleMiglia retro-credit for partner flights, specifically KLM? The website only allows to retro-credit AZ flights...
That's not correct.
It's indicated you have to send an email to [email protected] attaching your boarding pass and ticket's invoice.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
newbie question - got my Freccia Alata card earlier this year (stafus match from BA Gold) - if I book a hand luggage only fare, am I still eligible for a free additional checked bag?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
newbie question - got my Freccia Alata card earlier this year (stafus match from BA Gold) - if I book a hand luggage only fare, am I still eligible for a free additional checked bag?
As a Freccia Alata member, you are indeed allowed a free checked baggage (plus any sporting equipment) even when purchasing a light fare.

G
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:26 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
ínvalid credentials

Trying to log into the Millemiglia site, and getting invalid credentials message... have used the same credentials just ten days ago no problem, so is it just me?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Trying to log into the Millemiglia site, and getting invalid credentials message... have used the same credentials just ten days ago no problem, so is it just me?
Try clearing browsing history & cookies and you should be able to log back on.

G
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:36 am

Upgrade question

Hi,
New here. I had a quick question. I have 5 economy tickets from lax to fco on Az this June. The tickets were bought a long time ago using skymiles through Delta. We are interested in upgrading to premium economy and are open to using points or money. So far it seems we have hit a dead end with calls to both delta and Alitalia. Looks like using the sky miles has made this not possible. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Smithgirl1266
Hi,
New here. I had a quick question. I have 5 economy tickets from lax to fco on Az this June. The tickets were bought a long time ago using skymiles through Delta. We are interested in upgrading to premium economy and are open to using points or money. So far it seems we have hit a dead end with calls to both delta and Alitalia. Looks like using the sky miles has made this not possible. Any suggestions??
Thanks
AZ sometimes offer Upgrades at the Airport but award tickets were clearly excluded:

https://www.alitalia.com/en_us/fly-a...d-flights.html

• The promotion is not available to passengers traveling on award tickets

You can only change your tickets with Skymiles, i.ex. changing the ticket into business class if available. Changing/cancellation fees might apply + miles for the class difference.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:47 pm

Hi!

I noticed on their miles purchasing page it says:

"The purchaser or the recipient, under the provisions of applicable law, at the moment of the award request can use the miles purchased or gifted up to the maximum of 75% of the award value in miles (25% of the miles required for an award must be earned with Alitalia or Alitalia’s Partners).
"

Does that apply for transferred miles? I have seen nothing indicating it, and I only found this particular note buried deep within the "buy miles" pages.

I'm planning on booking 3x 80K point tickets from SFO-->TLV for family through Alitalia (KLM, Air France, or Delta look usable) and wanted to make sure I didn't shoot myself in the foot with the miles I just transferred over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.