Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia's IT is a disaster!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Thumbs down Alitalia's IT is a disaster!

So bad things do happen and yesterday I entered the wrong e-mail address during registration. I waited for 24 hours for the pin to come though nothing arrived so I phoned the service centre -- only then do I realise I entered an incorrect address!

Phoned twice and they say I need to fax 011390665627132 to get it changed...

Is it possible to do it in any other way or should I just register an e-mail account with that address and change the e-mail address later?

UPDATE:

I registered a news Gmail account with the wrong e-mail address and I was able to change the e-mail address via to the correct one this day. Case closed for now.

Still not happy with Alitalia's system though -- surely they should consider creating a form and allow customers to request access this way or they can do it in the call centre?

Last edited by cysyuen; Jan 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
So why is their IT a disaster when the pax does stuff wrong? What am I missing?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I don't know any FFP that would allow someone who does not have access to the registered e-mail address to simply change the e-mail address on an account.

If it was so easy, anyone who knew your basic details could easily change the email address on your account, and hijack your account.

This is not a "poor IT" issue - it's about security.

And remember - the fault here was entirely yours!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:41 pm

Not only is it your fault, as others also said, you did this twice! It shouldn't be that difficult to learn your email address!

At any rate, be glad, as long as you keep giving out your wrong address you'll also keep low the number of spam messages you receive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.