Wiki Posts
Search

Progression Ulisse-->Freccia Alata

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Progression Ulisse-->Freccia Alata

So I have a question: I qualified on 22 December to progress from Ulisse to Freccia Alata with 60 qualifying flights. However, on 1 January everything was reset to 0 according to the Alitalia website and I'm still showing as an Ulisse member. I've contacted Alitalia twice by email to ask what is happening, and I just get told that the progression to Freccia Alata will happen 'shortly'.

Based on everyone else's experience of the MM club, how long is this likely to take? Don't most airline frequent flyer programs automatically update your status?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by AirCub1
So I have a question: I qualified on 22 December to progress from Ulisse to Freccia Alata with 60 qualifying flights. However, on 1 January everything was reset to 0 according to the Alitalia website and I'm still showing as an Ulisse member. I've contacted Alitalia twice by email to ask what is happening, and I just get told that the progression to Freccia Alata will happen 'shortly'.

Based on everyone else's experience of the MM club, how long is this likely to take? Don't most airline frequent flyer programs automatically update your status?
My own status has not been reset yet (still showing qualified through March). So we wait.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Ita airways executive volare - diamond hilton and IHG

Don't worry you should received your status next week and also the new card on the mail.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Does it only happen once a month?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13C75 Safari/601.1)

Usually it takes effect at the end of the month. In this case what is happening is a delay to the 2016 renewals due to unspecified reasons.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Certainly their call centre staff don't seem to know anything about their own frequent flyer program even when you select that department from the menu. This past year has been the first time since moving to Rome that I have used Alitalia at least once a week and have built up ansizeable amount of miles and progression to the next tier. So far I am less than impressed with this organisation's ability to recognise loyalty.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:04 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13C75 Safari/601.1)

The dedicated call center for CFA/CFP is mildly better.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Logged on this morning to see that my status has finally been changed to CFA.

In terms of lounge access at FCO airport, if you are flying on a non-Schengen Alitalia flight, where is the lounge located? At terminal one or terminal three?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:54 pm

In terms of lounge access at FCO airport, if you are flying on a non-Schengen Alitalia flight, where is the lounge located? At terminal one or terminal three?
It depends whether your flight departs from pier G or from the H gates dump. If you share either your flight number or destination, I will be able to assist further and tell you where it is most likely for your flight to depart from and which lounge to use in case.

G
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

The London City flight. It uses an Embraer so doubt it'll have an airbridge.....
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:32 am

The London City flight. It uses an Embraer so doubt it'll have an airbridge.....
AZ212 usually departs from a G gate, meaning that you can use the former Giotto lounge, located near gate G11. You might even get an air-bridge (this sometimes happens when one of the non-Schengen flights operated by E90 e.g. TUN from the night before arrives at satellite G), but it is quite unlikely, I must say.

G
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:22 am
Original Poster

I tend to check in a bag when going back to London (shopping!), but I have learnt that if you're leaving from G or H gates on an Alitalia non-Schengen service, it is always worth walking to terminal 3 to go through security rather than have to go down to the end of B pier and catch a bus across. They don't officially encourage you to do this, but it might periods it saves a lot of hassle.

I'm looking forward to my first flight tomorrow with AZ as a CFA member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.