Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dolce Vita Lounge on arrival

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Dolce Vita Lounge on arrival

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, I searched and didn't find the answer and figured the folks here would know FCO better than anyone.

I'm wondering if it's possible to access the Dolce Vita lounge on arrival and pay for access - the website says 30 euro, but unclear as to whether a same day departing boarding pass is required or not. Any idea?

For some more context, I'm potentially flying BOS-FCO this Friday on Alitalia (landing Saturday). That flight gets in around 7am and we have train tickets from Fiumicino to Firenze SMN at 11am - the direct Freccia Bianca, without a transfer at Termini/Tiburtina. We'll be groggy after an overnight in coach (with our 3 year old), so wasting a few hours in a lounge, having a coffee and a snack, versus taking an earlier train with a transfer at Termini (with luggage) seems more appealing - if we can get into the lounge. Happy to buy access, but will they let us in this instance?

Last edited by PWMTrav; Nov 30, 2015 at 7:33 pm
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:17 am

Good to see you here, PWMTrav.

I'm afraid you will need a boarding pass (Alitalia, Sky Team partner etc. as per rules) in order to enter the lounge. That said, you'll not be missing much, really: La Dolce Vita is normally rammed at that time of the day and, adding to misery, there are not many seats (and those situated left & right alongside the main entrance are not really comfortable!). The area around the lounge (T1) is not that bad anyway and there are a few bars where you will be able to kill some time.

G
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks AlicorporateUK!

So if I might repurpose my own thread here, would you have any suggestions on the best place at FCO to waste 3 hours landside? I don't recall there being anything of interest in the T3 arrivals area after luggage claim, and I'm used to airports here that don't have much landside. If T1 or T3 (or the Fiumicino train station) have a decent place to get a snack and relax a bit, I'd appreciate the recommendation.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:34 am

Weather should be fine (+15C forecasted as we speak) on Saturday so you could initially go for a stroll with the little one (you can walk outside from T1 to T3/5 - nothing exciting as you would probably imagine, but a bit of fresh air nonetheless!) and then, as I previously said, you may want to grab a snack/drink in one of the bars (they are just next to security, on your left when facing the big flight-screen) in T1. There are also a few food outlets in the arrival areas and definitely one in the train station, even though those two places (i.e. arrivals & train station) are a bit dull and somewhere I'd not really want to spend hours! Let us know should you have more questions.

G
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: Alitalia Freccia Alata +
Yes, i would just hang in the airport. It is not really overpriced, and there are few decent restaurants.

Food Guide
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks again to both of you.

One more question now only related to this thread as it deals with FCO. Does passport control generally allow families of mixed passports to use the EU line? My daughter and I are Italian citizens (dual/American, but when entering Italy, gotta use the burgundy one), my wife is American. Do they generally let us use the short line? I figure I'll ask the first official I see if it's OK, but just trying to understand what usually works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.