Amex partner ticket on AZ

Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Team Elite Plus, Lufthansa Senator, BA Sliver, Hilton Diamond VIP, IHG GOLD, Marriot Gold
I am looking at inventory - when I say 12 Z seats available I am talking over 4 flights - two from Milan and two from Rome - the most I saw on any one flight was 3. Yup that is exactly what I tried - flight number and airport codes. They say they cannot see any Z inventory - I even asked to speak to a supervisor. Should not be this hard right - that is why I am convinced they have some scam going on.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by skirabbit
the rules are the same as for an award ticket
Are you positive about this? On other airlines I have encountered special fare classes totally different than normal awards.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:44 pm

I have an Amex companion ticket reward
Hello skihase, since I have the same card and since I did spend the required money I'm really wondering about HOW you got your companion ticket reward. Did you have to request it? Was it send by email or mail?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Amex partner ticket on AZ

Companion Ticket code is sent by post. It is then valud six months (ie you have to purchase - not fly - within six months via AZ MM servizio clienti)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
I have two AMEX partner ticket awards. I have to say I find them a total joke.
I've used them 5 times in the last 5 years with no issues.

I actually got very angry with the Alitalia agent today who said that as per Alitalia's regulations they only have to provide 1 seat per flight for awards. This is pretty rigorously applied in business class.
The agent was wrong (it is 2 seats per class of service minimum), and very often you see flights with Z3, so nope, it's just that you didn't find what you wanted.

Getting angry with the person who is trying to help you is also rarely productive, as a life coach suggestion.

So as an Elite plus member with two Amex award tickets for two people the chances of getting a flight anywhere in Business class is ALMOST ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I said before, the issue is actually your own... ;-)

How did you search for those flights? I use expertflyer or an agent beforehand and call with the precise flts I want.

My advice to everyone is to avoid the Alitalia Amex card as it is a rip off (if you want to fly business).
And that is TERRIBLE advice.

Getting 4 qualifying miles per euro PLUS your class bonus PLUS miles x3 in business means that for each business class flight you basically have an upgrade for the next flight for free. It's a very generous program.

They also told me they cannot tell me where there is availability. You have to phone and check routes and dates for every possible option.
And that is also not true. But it is true that you would be better off seeking for your itineraries on your own beforehand.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Are you positive about this? On other airlines I have encountered special fare classes totally different than normal awards.
Confirm, you must book into Z as for any other award ticket. The only rule is that it needs to be completely on AZ metal.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, do yoou really need to travel on exactly the same flights?
Yes, that's one of the rules. Same flights, same dates. Cannot change either ticket afterwards or the companion is lost.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by tortellini
Hello skihase, since I have the same card and since I did spend the required money I'm really wondering about HOW you got your companion ticket reward. Did you have to request it? Was it send by email or mail?

Thanks a lot!
Sent by snail mail, but if you don't receive it you can call AMEX and they can give it to you.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:55 pm

My companion will expire end of May and I was wondering if AZ observes strictly the expiration date-
I would like to wait mid of June when I'll have collected some "few" more miles for choosing the route I desire.

Did anyone have any experience?

Another question. I don't have EF and was wondering where or how could I check seat availability before calling AZ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.