Post your AZ jetway picture here

Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Talking Post your AZ jetway picture here

Following this thread, I thought it would be fun but also somehow useful for those, for instance, looking to make a tight connection and wanting to know whether it is likely to get a bus to/from the plane, so I hope we will get a few contributions (if you're too shy to take a picture of an 320 docked on to an air-bridge, it would still be great if you could provide feedback e.g. airport, flight number, boarding via bus/jetway etc. or whatever you wish). Now, we all know that FCO can be quite unpredictable, but this is also part of the fun so please feel free to report back if you're flying to/from FCO.

Alright, let's start (contribution from yesterday):

AZ491 | WAW | Gate 26

Following this flight, we de-boarded through gate B3 and eventually boarded AZ208 from gate G12 and, again, straight on to the plane (no picture - sorry!).

G
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Nov30 AZ204 FCO-LHR: Bus from a B gate to the G satellite and another bus from G10 back to a gate in T3 (?) where we climbed a couple flights of narrow stairs to access the jetway to the plane.
We only missed the bus to T5 for a perfect trifecta
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thesaints
Nov30 AZ204 FCO-LHR: Bus from a B gate to the G satellite and another bus from G10 back to a gate in T3 (?) where we climbed a couple flights of narrow stairs to access the jetway to the plane.
I've noticed that's quite typical for that service, whereas I'd say 9 times out of 10 the 208 is a non-bus boarding - I am not sure whether that's solely down to pure coincidence or if there's a specific reason behind it. In your case, you will have probably got the bus all the way to a B gate and stopped just underneath a 321, with either the bus driver or the ramp agent addressing passengers to the right stairs (as soon as the bus doors open, it isn't an uncommon scene to see people walking straight to the main aircraft doors).

Originally Posted by thesaints
We only missed the bus to T5 for a perfect trifecta

G
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:47 am
Original Poster

The festive season (with AZ using air-bridges) has already started -

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Dec 8, 2015 at 4:56 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:00 am
Original Poster

...and another one from yesterday, parked next to a BA's 320 heading to the very same airport as our 32S.

G
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:08 pm

I think the jetway was too big for the little SAAB 2000
24 minutes flight today for an astonishing PEG-FCO on AZ1658

p.s. only 4 connections from Perugia to the airport during the hole day...and the last one was at 15:00.
Really a shame!

Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

@Sciamano - thanks for contributing and... keep them coming!

Originally Posted by Sciamano
24 minutes flight today for an astonishing PEG-FCO on AZ1658
On a few occasions AZ swapped the usual ATR for a 320 on the PSR-FCO service which, on such short route (just the time to see the Appennino mountains below us and the captain had already announced that we would have been landing in 10 minutes), was quite fun!

G
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
@Sciamano - thanks for contributing and... keep them coming!

On a few occasions AZ swapped the usual ATR for a 320 on the PSR-FCO service which, on such short route (just the time to see the Appennino mountains below us and the captain had already announced that we would have been landing in 10 minutes), was quite fun!

G
Inside the SAAB 2000 is like a little biz class. I took extra comfort seat on the wing emergency exit and also Shaquille O'Neal could sit there .
Engine noise apart, it has been a very enjoyable experience.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I've probably just been lucky but, since Dovster's thread, I think I got on a bus to/from the plane only a couple of times (including a very unusual occasion at Schiphol after a KL flight on B737): gate B1 arriving from WAW on my last WAW-FCO and gate 210 at IST (both AZ-operated flights)

G
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Yesterday evening as 90% of the time no jetway arriving from NCE. We parked near T3 G gates and had a bus tour of the new T3 gate area work in progress.

AZ fan will spot that this is the first A320 with the new colors presented months ago along with the new A330 and the new longhaul product.

Boarding in NCE (from a jetway) I took a picture of one of the AZ staff messages on the plane. It basically says " I will work hard to make alitalia our passengers' favorite airlines"....

Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by FCO36
AZ fan will spot that this is the first A320 with the new colors presented months ago along with the new A330 and the new longhaul product.
I consider Italian design to be the top of the top and this is why I wonder: do these "grey spots" on the upper part of the plane also look like patches of repaired paint in reality, or is it just the picture?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
I consider Italian design to be the top of the top and this is why I wonder: do these "grey spots" on the upper part of the plane also look like patches of repaired paint in reality, or is it just the picture?
The "grey spots" are "commitments written by AZ staff for a better/improved/new Airlines (cf the picture of the airplane door).

They are stickers-like and hopefully will be removed over time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.