Business-For-You...

Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC SL
Business-For-You...

I have 4 upgrades with Business-For-You that I don't think I will be able to use. Is there anyone who constantly travel on Alitalia who can use them? Would love to exchange these upgrades with something else even for a rate that's at a disadvantage for me.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:14 pm

I do fly Alitalia a lot but, as you will have probably read from other threads/posts, it is generally speaking much cheaper to buy a discounted business class fare rather than booking one of the fare classes through which those coupons can be used. That said, I hope you get a decent offer/exchange for the ones you've got!

G
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I do fly Alitalia a lot but, as you will have probably read from other threads/posts, it is generally speaking much cheaper to buy a discounted business class fare rather than booking one of the fare classes through which those coupons can be used. That said, I hope you get a decent offer/exchange for the ones you've got!

G
This is absolutely not true.

A H fare, MXP-JFK, is 1300. The I class ticket you upgrade into is 2000.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by raistlin
This is absolutely not true.

A H fare, MXP-JFK, is 1300. The I class ticket you upgrade into is 2000.
Reason why I said generally speaking, which implies in most, but not all cases Again, generally speaking, Y+ is obviously cheaper than J however, in several cases I came across, the latter works out much cheaper. The magic world of airline fares!

G
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Reason why I said generally speaking, which implies in most, but not all cases Again, generally speaking, Y+ is obviously cheaper than J however, in several cases I came across, the latter works out much cheaper. The magic world of airline fares!

G
Sorry, mate, it just doesn't happen. You can apply those coupons to H fares, which are without fail lower than the lowest offer in business.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, mate, it just doesn't happen. You can apply those coupons to H fares, which are without fail lower than the lowest offer in business.
I beg to differ!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I beg to differ!
On what? On the fact you can use those coupons to upgrade H->I?

Or are you suggesting there can be seats in paid business class cheaper than H class?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On what? On the fact you can use those coupons to upgrade H->I?

Or are you suggesting there can be seats in paid business class cheaper than H class?
I have spent some time on ITA with this. The only occasion where H is cheaper is where Business is sold out and close to departure. In every other case there are better deals to be had in Business.

Obviously it is about booking the class Business, including inflexible bookings. If the upgrades were like BA, from ANY Premium Eco class then it would represent savings and be useful.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:03 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

The upgrades with miles are from most eco classes, just like on BA.

I think you have spent time on matrix but somehow misinterpreted the results. Can you make an example of an H fare booking that costs more than I? I am curious.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Alitalia Freccia Alata +
Is it possible to use business for you upgrade on a partner (AF) flight purchased through Alitalia?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by bpot777
Is it possible to use business for you upgrade on a partner (AF) flight purchased through Alitalia?
No, Alitalia metal only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.