Wiki Posts
Search

Can I pre-select my seat online?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Can I pre-select my seat online?

Have a booking with AZ for an intra-European flight in C class. I want to pre-book my seat assignment. Can I do that online? I cannot seem to find a "manage my booking" section on the Alitalia website.

Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:03 am

There's a manage my booking tab just next to the book tab and above the from/to fields.

G
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Found it, thanks.

But in the "manage my booking" there is actually nothing that can be managed! Can't seem to find if/how I can pre-assign a seat. Bummer...

EDIT: the flight is only in 50 hours, but for some reason I could already check-in (it says it's open 48 hours before only)

Thanks for the help.

Now I have to figure out how security waiting lines are at LIN on a Friday afternoon. I just hope they have SkyPriority!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
But in the "manage my booking" there is actually nothing that can be managed! Can't seem to find if/how I can pre-assign a seat. Bummer...
Entering either the PNR or the electronic ticket number, you will get an overview of your trip, you will then click on view on the right-hand side and on the next screen you will see a customize your flight tab.

G
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Now I have to figure out how security waiting lines are at LIN on a Friday afternoon. I just hope they have SkyPriority!
You will have to look for the ViaMilano signs/desk - that's the Sky Priority """fast-track""" which is, most times, much slower than the normal channel.

G
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
You will have to look for the ViaMilano signs/desk - that's the Sky Priority """fast-track""" which is, most times, much slower than the normal channel.

G
Not true, come on!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
the ViaMilano thing has recently been moved to the right of the standard queue (coming from the entrance) and it's now attached to the romaMilano queue.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: SU PLT, EK Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Can I pre-assign a seat in Economy if I'm a SkyTeam Elite+ with an O-fare ticket?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by WEREX
Can I pre-assign a seat in Economy if I'm a SkyTeam Elite+ with an O-fare ticket?
Yes - and see below on how to proceed. Note also that the seat availability will often change upon check-in as the 3/4 rows immediately behind the business class section are normally not available when pre-selecting seats.

There's a manage my booking tab just next to the book tab and above the from/to fields.

G
Entering either the PNR or the electronic ticket number, you will get an overview of your trip, you will then click on view on the right-hand side and on the next screen you will see a customize your flight tab.

G
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: SU PLT, EK Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Yes - and see below on how to proceed. ...

Thanks a lot!
And What about Emergency Exit seats for long-haul flights? Are they available to pre-assign as well? Is it free-of-charge basis for Elite+ members (same to Alata/Alata+)?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by WEREX
And What about Emergency Exit seats for long-haul flights? Are they available to pre-assign as well? Is it free-of-charge basis for Elite+ members (same to Alata/Alata+)?
Originally Posted by alitalia.com
If you are a Freccia Alata or Freccia Alata Plus member, you can book your Extra Comfort Seat at no extra cost. Remember to always provide your MilleMiglia code when booking or enter it during Web Check-in. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee your seat free of charge and cannot give a refund at a later date.

In addition, Extra Comfort Seats are also free of charge:
When booking: for passengers with Y/B/M4 booking classes
During Check-in, Self Check-in and Web Check-in: for Corporate Card holders

1. Seat assignment is subject to availability.
2. The maps are purely indicative and do not always correspond to the actual size on board.
3. Depending on the aircraft.
4. MilleMiglia award tickets excluded.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:36 am

G
This doesn't work for my trip, using either the PNR or the ticket number. My flight was ticketed by Delta (006 stock), but it is operated by AZ and I have the AZ PNR as well.

I had thought that my experience was the norm -- that the AZ "manage my booking" tab simply doesn't work. Has something changed? (If so, it hasn't for me).

I am STE+ on Delta but not a MilleMeglia member, so I cannot log into the AZ website.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by flyerwma
This doesn't work for my trip, using either the PNR or the ticket number. My flight was ticketed by Delta (006 stock), but it is operated by AZ and I have the AZ PNR as well.
Can you simulate on-line check-in by entering the AZ PNR on the relevant field and see whether you get the whole itinerary displayed correctly?

I had thought that my experience was the norm -- that the AZ "manage my booking" tab simply doesn't work.
It works a treat.

G
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:39 am

Thumbs down

Can you simulate on-line check-in by entering the AZ PNR on the relevant field and see whether you get the whole itinerary displayed correctly?
G
Flight appears with OLCI (but doesn't allow check-in, obviously, because flight is many months out).

Apparently, Manage My Booking does not work when the first leg is on DL. (Not sure why -- one would expect that any passenger would want to manage his or her booking on an AZ flight, regardless of whether he or she is flying before or after on another airline).

Last edited by flyerwma; Oct 22, 2015 at 7:50 am
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:06 am

Flight appears with OLCI (but doesn't allow check-in, obviously, because flight is many months out).

Apparently, Manage My Booking does not work when the first leg is on DL. (Not sure why -- one would expect that any passenger would want to manage his or her booking on an AZ flight, regardless of whether he or she is flying before or after on another airline).
Frustrating. The only option in that case would be to ring AZ and get a seat assigned. As I previously said, though, the front rows [behind C] are normally not available for selection at that stage (when flying Y, I generally wait for check-in to open 2 days before the flight and get my 'usual' 11A/F on the emergency exit, free-of-charge).

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.