Wiki Posts
Search

EU 261 compensation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
EU 261 compensation

What is the best way to get the EU 261 compensation? I am taking another flight next week, is it just a waste of breath to talk to the people at the airport?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:02 pm

Good idea! Ask the people at the airport to bump you for no real reason. I'm sure you'll find them all willing to do it. Seriously, where did you come up with the idea?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by spamkiller
What is the best way to get the EU 261 compensation? I am taking another flight next week, is it just a waste of breath to talk to the people at the airport?
Are you saying you have had a delay/cancellation that you believe qualifies for EU261 or are you just hoping it will happen?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
Are you saying you have had a delay/cancellation that you believe qualifies for EU261 or are you just hoping it will happen?
Yes, 2:40 delay on a 1400km flight. Lhr-fco.

If I was hoping it would happen, I'd hope for a better time, instead of arriving at 2am.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Good idea! Ask the people at the airport to bump you for no real reason. I'm sure you'll find them all willing to do it. Seriously, where did you come up with the idea?
No, I was going to ask them to involuntary bump me, and accidentally reroute me to Tahiti, its a magical place.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Start by contacting their customer relations outlining your claim and take it from there.
http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/Inform...rto/index.html
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Start by contacting their customer relations outlining your claim and take it from there.
Good luck with that. I submitted a claim for expenses due to delayed baggage back in early April. AZ responded when I filed my claim but then ignored all follow up emails asking where my check was. After four months went by with no response, I stared posting complaints on Facebook and Twitter and only then did someone finally get back to me.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

I called, but then I was told to e-mail. I was thinking at the airport, I might be able to talk with someone who might be able to negotiate.

Not that I am looking for more than money than what is due, but thinking that they may be amenable to voucher and upgrade.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spamkiller
Yes, 2:40 delay on a 1400km flight. Lhr-fco.
If it is just a delay (as opposed to cancellation or denied boarding), this will not qualify for compensation (delay must be at least 3 hrs for right to compensation to kick in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.