Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Could someone please explain the "upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else" that is mentioned in the top of this thread.
It is a voucher given to Freccia Alata Plus members only that can be passed to anyone they wish and which enables the recipient to upgrade their status to Freccia Alata. The duration of the upgraded status will be for the duration of the status of the FAP member they received the voucher from.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Cheers! And it should get to me when I finally receive the FAP pack or should I contact an Alitalia agent?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Could someone please explain the "upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else" that is mentioned in the top of this thread. I am not sure whether this is a way to upgrade someone's else class of travel or to give him/her a matching FAP status. BTW my status was matched three months ago but still no physical card or welcome kit received.
FAP members get a coupon to give a gold card FA to someone as well as business for you upgrades
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kauppias
FAP members get a coupon to give a gold card FA to someone as well as business for you upgrades
So can I nominate someone that still doesn't have an active account, namely someone who just opened a Millemiglia account?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So can I nominate someone that still doesn't have an active account, namely someone who just opened a Millemiglia account?
Yes, once you receive the code it is entered on the web site, it then takes 1-6 days to show.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:48 am

Any suggestions?

My dad did a status match and accidentally sent in a card that the status expired before March 31, 2016. As per the status match rules posted in the wiki alitalia matched the status until March 31, 2016. He also has elite status on a different airline that ends after March 31, 2016. If he would have sent that status in he would have gotten status until March 31 2016. He's flying soon and really wants elite status... any suggestions? Is alitalia responsive to any forms of communication more than others? Twitter etc... thanks in advance for any advice!
Old May 24, 2016, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It is too late now to correct this mistake. The Alitalia offer was supposed to end on Dec 31 last, but was extended to the end of January.

They are no longer entertaining any correspondence regarding the expired offer.

It is unlikely that they would have "corrected" this "mistake":

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
Has anyone tried to Status Match 2 times ?

My first time is only until March 31, 2016 , because the card I used expired then ,

But I will be getting a new card that expires in 2017 and would like to get the match extended

The cards are from 2 seperate Airlines ,

Has anyone tried this yet ?
Originally Posted by Jma12
Only one status match per account. You will not get a 2nd status match with the same account.

My suggestion would be for him to fly with the airline (or alliance) with which he has this other status. If there are cheaper tickets available elsewhere, then forego the status benefits.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
There are a few auctions running at eBay offering the Alata for you-voucher. Prices went down recently so perhaps this would be an option?
Old May 31, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Dear Alitalia, how you lost me as a customer before I even became one.

My experience with the Alitalia Status Match program from January 2016, in a letter form:

Dear Alitalia,

During January you ran a status match campaign for MilleMiglia. You even encouraged people who weren't existing customers to sign up as new ones and you would status match them.

All you asked is for us to provide a "clear copy" of our status from another program.

As a BA Gold/Oneworld Emerald I thought that this was a great program for me, so I did all of this - signed up to MM, downloaded the digital version of my BA Gold card from the BA website and submitted all the details.

Within a week or so you got back to me and said that my card "wasn't clear". In fact, you said this, exactly:

"Dear Adam,

in your Status Match request the Frequent Flyer original card is missing/not clear.

Please try again providing all the information needed and verifying that the file attached is in .pdf or .jpg format and that it does not exceed 1MB size.”

I complied: on the 28th of January I took a clear photograph of my gold card showing all details.

Weeks went by and I heard nothing. My partner who also applied had already had his card issued within a week or so.

When I inquired wirh your call centre they told me that it was still in progress and to call back I'm a week. So I did, but got told the same thing.

I left it a few more weeks and called back. Got the same story - that it was in progress and I should wait another week.

I called back in several more times irregularly over the next few months and kept getting told that it was still pending and to call back. So I started putting the pressure on until finally someone I'm the call centre told me to write an email to the NYC customer service email address where they could resolve my inquiry.

So I did that, and explained my case hoping they could fix this obvious admin screw up. I explained that I had been going around in circles in the call centre. The response? I got a reply telling me to call back in to the call centre!

I replied back saying I had already done that and to it fell on deaf ears.

Out of frustration I contacted Alitalia on twitter and they investigated for me. Finally it seed to be getting somewhere and this would all be sorted out.

They looked into it and after shortly after I got the reply, saying "It was allowed only the copy and not a photo of the card. For this reason your request has been denied. We are sorry."

I inquired further. Surely this was in error, as all that was asked of me was to provide a "clear copy" of the card. Whether a photo copy or a phographed copy seemed to be semantics to me.

I reiterated my position.

"Yes but was necessary to photocopy the card and after send it by email"

Come on!! Why did things change? Why did it take 4 months for them to tell me this? I confronted them and asked when did they ever imply that a photograph was not sufficient. All they ever said was a clear "copy". What is the difference between a photocopy and a photograph anyway? The distance? The angle? The fact that it's not face down flat on glass?

They replied: "Because you sent a photo. We are sorry. If you want you may send your complaints here https://www.alitalia.com/en_en/special-pages/my-experience.html"

I went to the Web form and made my case, again. Never did I hear back from that team.

I continued my case over Twitter and explained that there is no true difference between a photocopy and a photograph in reality, and reminded them that they never requested it be done as a photocopy until now.

"Hi Adam, after checks we inform you that the documentation sent was not valid. We are sorry but is not possible to accept your application"

I appreciate that this is their program and they are probably well within their rights to reject any application for any reason they lime however, what complete bureaucracy.

I've certainly been left with a sour taste in my mouth after all this - more the lack of customer service than anything else. Towards the end I started pushing very hard because I could smell the BS a mile away. At the end of the day I don't care that I didn't get matched, but I think they handled this whole thing rather badly and at the end of the day, should have done the right thing. That's one of the reasons I pushed so hard repeatedly.

What do you think of my experience?

Last edited by bugmancx; May 31, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Old May 31, 2016, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Italian bureaucracy at its finest.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:13 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
funny about the photo, because I took a photo of my card on a red leather sofa, clearly a photo from my phone along with the BA PDF copy you can download from your account and got a Welcome on board from Freccia Alata Plus within about a week.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Is there any use in moving from BA Silver to Millemiglia?

What would I get from them?

Who would I email?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
As they do not offer a status match for the moment you won´t get anything
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
I just got an email, that I quite dont understand:

I got Ulisse from a match and my current expiration is 3/2017 should I understand that it has been extended until 12/2017 ? and No, i did not credit enough flight

Code:
The Program has been extended!

Dear XX

Your favourite Program continues and expands your horizon providing you with new opportunities and many rewards.

We have extended the validity of the current edition until 31 December 2017.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by matio_svk
I just got an email, that I quite dont understand:

I got Ulisse from a match and my current expiration is 3/2017 should I understand that it has been extended until 12/2017 ? and No, i did not credit enough flight
I got the same email and also don't know what it means. When I login to my MM account it stills hows 3/17 as my expiration date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.