Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
How long does it take for a car rental (specifically Avis) to post after I return the car? I'm trying to think of ways to generate "activity."
I am new on this thread ,

why do we want to generate "activity" ?

thanks for the info
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:30 pm

How long does it take for a car rental (specifically Avis) to post after I return the car?
It can take a couple of days, a couple of weeks or, in some cases, even longer.

G
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW my match was denied as a screen shot of the virtual membership card from the BA App is not sufficient. It took 8 working days to get the email. Have now reapplied with a photo of a hastily re-ordered physical card.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
FWIW my match was denied as a screen shot of the virtual membership card from the BA App is not sufficient. It took 8 working days to get the email. Have now reapplied with a photo of a hastily re-ordered physical card.
Same here (I had actually sent a screen-shot of my personal M&M page, clearly showing all my details and, needless to say, my status with LH). It took them ages to respond and I haven't bothered [yet] to scan the actual card...

G
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Do they not realize that a photo of a physical card can just as easily be photoshopped as a screenshot? I bet if I had a photo of someone's card, I could add Santa Claus's name to it.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:33 pm

Do they not realize that a photo of a physical card can just as easily be photoshopped as a screenshot? I bet if I had a photo of someone's card, I could add Santa Claus's name to it.
Indeed - reason why I thought that sending a screen-shot (put on a PDF document, by the way! LOL) of my personal log-in page would have sufficed. Clearly, not.

G
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Indeed - reason why I thought that sending a screen-shot (put on a PDF document, by the way! LOL) of my personal log-in page would suffice. Clearly, not.

G
There are people on ebay doing this...
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:39 pm

Oh dear.

G
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by benberg2013
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...statement.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...statement.html

Dodginess springs to mind (not only on eBay) - LOL.

G
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite. However the rules do say image of the physical card so at least they are being consistent, if somewhat odd.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Wow no kidding... $400 on eBay?

If anyone here wants the same thing, I'll only charge $399
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
I am new on this thread ,

why do we want to generate "activity" ?

thanks for the info
No reason... unless trying to match to another airline's status, and the airline requires some activity in the last 2 months *cough*TK*cough*
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
from TK M&S Elite Plus to MilleMiglia Alata Plus

I submitted a scan of my TK Elite Plus card. They send me back "the Frequent Flyer card provided does not meet the requirements of the Status Match initiative" after 20 days.

I sent same e-mail 3 days ago and matched today to Alata Plus.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, WN AP, AS MVPG
Would Alitalia match with Southwest A-list or CP?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mcn1985
Would Alitalia match with Southwest A-list or CP?
Why don't you try and let us know? there's nothing to lose in trying since even if they refuse, you're no worse off than before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.