Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
Surely the kids would have gone to the lost & found by now to say they're missing their parents?
Lol ^
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why not wait? They are each being sent separately.
Yes I have waited for another 2 weeks after my card arrived. When I log into their account they are all Freccia Alata.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:28 pm

Another data point:

AA EXP (valid through Feb 2017), matched to Freccia Alata Club status! ^ My first ST status!
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
SAS Eurobonus Diamond matched to Alata Plus.

Several emails due not have card first time around (tried with app screenshot) but believe the 13th of July email was processed now.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by brahms77
Another data point:

AA EXP (valid through Feb 2017), matched to Freccia Alata Club status! ^ My first ST status!
Originally Posted by chrisljo
SAS Eurobonus Diamond matched to Alata Plus.

Several emails due not have card first time around (tried with app screenshot) but believe the 13th of July email was processed now.
Originally Posted by nacho
Yes I have waited for another 2 weeks after my card arrived. When I log into their account they are all Freccia Alata.
Originally Posted by FCO36
Request sent july 4th and matched yesterday july 30th from BA Gold to CFA+ after sending 3 reminders and receiving 1 "picture of your card is not clear" email and 1 "sorry it takes time we have too many requests" email.

CFA+ card Valid until 31/03/2017.
Originally Posted by Coathanger
Status match came through today. Applied on 14/7 so match took 16 days in total.

AB Gold to AZ Freccia Alata. Expiry 31 March 2016.
Thank you guys for reporting back, I have updated the time-line in the wiki, so people applying know how long to expect this to take.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Thank you guys for reporting back, I have updated the time-line in the wiki, so people applying know how long to expect this to take.
A correction on my part. Email sent July 17th, matched August 1st.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Andrew.Smith
I emailed my status match request (GulfAir gold valid to Jan-17) on the evening of 6th July ... checked yesterday and it wasn't showing online ... just checked website again now (23rd July), and I've been upgraded to Freccia Alta ... with a March 2017 expiry date.
confirmation email arrived on 29th July ... and card arrived Monday 3rd August.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:17 am

I probably would be matched by now if I hadn't made a mistake on the email I sent on 16th July (missed a digit of my milemiglia number). Received an email on Friday to inform me they couldnt match my number up so I'm probably bottom of the queue again!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I emailed my status match request (GulfAir gold valid to Jan-17) on the evening of 6th July ... checked yesterday and it wasn't showing online ... just check website again now, and I've been upgraded to Freccia Alta ... with a March 2017 expiry date.
confirmation email arrived on 29th July ... and card arrived Monday 3rd August.
confirmation email arrived on 29th July ... and card arrived Saturday 1st August.

Just a by the way - Gulf Air is GF. In your profile, it says GA Gold (GA being Garuda Indonesia).
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
My first status level that I can't pronounce...MilleMiglia Freccia Alata.

How do you say this??
Not sure how to transcribe it for you, but you can always just plug it into translate.google.com and push the little speaker icon to get an idea of the sound.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you do that...be sure to set the language to "Italian"!!!

Japanese is my favourite (so far!)
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:04 am

Sorry if this has been asked before but what kind of match would one get for sending a TK Elite Gold Card? Alta or Alta Plus?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Another data point: Now I see match to Alata Plus from my AY Platinum (OWE) which took quite about 2 weeks. Thank you AZ!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
Sorry if this has been asked before but what kind of match would one get for sending a TK Elite Gold Card? Alta or Alta Plus?
This should match to "Alata" - if you were TK Elite Plus this could get you "Alata Plus".
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:37 pm
akm

One month out - no response

I sent my email on July 4 with a scan of the card showing AA status (EXP). No response so far. I did send a reminder about two weeks ago but that elicited no response either. Not sure if I should simply wait or send a fresh request. I do not want to bombard them with multiple requests but I think something is not quite right. I did recheck my email to make sure that the details were right and my card scan had no issues. Anybody else here who has waited for so long without a response?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.