Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Alitalia - baggage question FCO to MRS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
New to Alitalia - baggage question FCO to MRS

Hello - I need to fly next October from Rome FCO to Marseille MRS and am choosing between Alitalia, easyJet and Vueling. The added charges on the LCC's worry me so I'm considering Alitalia's one nonstop in the morning.

Question - my fare is coming up as about $68 in economy and that includes 1 checked luggage. However, I cam going to have another piece to check. I called and they said that would be 55 euro to check the luggage... should I just buy it a seat??? ha ha ha....

The next fare up on their website is $400 and that one includes the 2nd piece of luggage, but that doesn't make sense either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:31 am

Yeah it's €55 for a second bag, which to be honest isn't bad considering that gives you 45KG+ in total.

You can pay for the bag at online check-in and get a 20% discount ie. it will only cost you €44.

Buying a second seat is not useful -- they won't let you check-in a bag without a passenger!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Ha ha yes, I was just joking about buying a seat for the bag... and great tip on the online checkin discount, I will definitely take advantage of that. I have always flown out of FCO in business class w/priority lines etc.... am dreading economy. Are check in / immigration lines bad there? It will be a Sunday morning....

Thank you again!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:20 am

Well AZ's morning wave of flights at FCO has been extended (goes from 8 till 11 rather than 9 till 11) so the airport shouldn't be too busy at any single point in time. There's often a lot of people at check-in/security but the lines tend to go quite fast.

Luckily you won't have to use immigration to go to MRS, that can be quite bad if you don't have an EU passport.

Ah yeah I wasn't sure if you were being serious about buying an extra seat :-P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.