Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Dolce Vita Lounge and Shower in FCO Rome Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by ajs123
When I flew from Rome at the end of May I was told to use the lounge near the check-in area which gave the impression of an arrivals lounge.
...and which is probably the nicest lounge. Bear in mind, though, that La Dolce Vita is situated land-side and, with the current delays (I mean going through security here) because of the fire, I'd give myself plenty of time to get back air-side. That said, you'll be able to use the fast track on your way to the gates.

G
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
While very nice, there are NO SHOWERS in La Dolce Vita lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by rasmcasm
While very nice, there are NO SHOWERS in La Dolce Vita lounge.
Yeh we all got that (post #14 - thanks), however ajs123 wasn't asking for showers.

G
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Thank you AlicorporateUK! If I understand the situation correctly, Borromini (quite a walk from the B gates) is closed due to the fire and the only other Schengen AZ lounge airside is Giotto (even a longer walk), isn't it?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Thank you AlicorporateUK! If I understand the situation correctly, Borromini (quite a walk from the B gates) is closed due to the fire and the only other Schengen AZ lounge airside is Giotto (even a longer walk), isn't it?

Giotto lounge is not a Schengen lounge. It is located by the G gates after passport control.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FCO36
Giotto lounge is not a Schengen lounge. It is located by the G gates after passport control.
Ok, good to know. What are then the other AZ airside Schengen lounges?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:43 am

Ok, good to know. What are then the other AZ airside Schengen lounges?
Sadly, you're not going to have much choice (also considering that the Priority Pass lounge is located in the non-Schengen area), however the D gates area should re-open on Thursday hence you may be able to access the Borromini lounge (I doubt, though, that the latter will re-open straight away).

G
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:06 am

Borromini lounge still closed...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Transferring about 2 weeks ago, I was told that due to the fire there is no lounge available for passengers flying Schengen to Schengen.

FWIW FCO was an absolute zoo, there were people literally everywhere you looked, SkyPriority doesn't get you a thing (and I was also flying in C so it was like a double whammy), and the staff didn't seem particularly interested in doing their jobs whatsoever.

For the time being, whenever possible, I would recommend AVOIDING Rome but if that is impossible, just be prepared for it not to be the easiest or most pleasant.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by DAV2355711
Transferring about 2 weeks ago, I was told that due to the fire there is no lounge available for passengers flying Schengen to Schengen.

FWIW FCO was an absolute zoo, there were people literally everywhere you looked, SkyPriority doesn't get you a thing (and I was also flying in C so it was like a double whammy), and the staff didn't seem particularly interested in doing their jobs whatsoever.

For the time being, whenever possible, I would recommend AVOIDING Rome but if that is impossible, just be prepared for it not to be the easiest or most pleasant.
I beg to disagree. In all my flights originating or transiting at FCO this year, Skypriority was enforced. What I find funny is the Skypriority bus section .... no idea how that is supposed to work
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:29 am

Terminal 1 Business lounge, disruption

Originally Posted by rasmcasm
Due to the fire, D area gates are closed, including the upstairs Alitalia Lounge. So there are currently no showers in Schengen area. No one will tell you onboard Alitalia in C class. Your only chance is in the G/H area before clearing customs and taking the grotty bus to the sea of people. The T1 pre-security (by check-in) lounge is nice, great for a coffee on arrival, but no showers.

You'll also notice most airport staff wearing masks due to toxins in the air from the fire - rough summer ahead for these folks.
Hi, I will transit through FCO with Alitalia business next August. All flights arrive-depart from terminal 1 after the fire closed down 3.
Can someone please enlighten me on what business lounge I can use during my 1 hour and 30 minute stop over? Flight arrives and eaves from terminal 1, Alitalia.
Is Dolce Vita too far out I suppose? Any other option please?
Thank you!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by chachomed
Hi, I will transit through FCO with Alitalia business next August. All flights arrive-depart from terminal 1 after the fire closed down 3.
Can someone please enlighten me on what business lounge I can use during my 1 hour and 30 minute stop over? Flight arrives and eaves from terminal 1, Alitalia.
Is Dolce Vita too far out I suppose? Any other option please?
Thank you!
Dolce Vita is located land-side at T1 and it's the best/perhaps only option (depending on how long it's going to take to re-open the Borromini lounge further to the fire).

G
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:28 am

What I find funny is the Skypriority bus section .... no idea how that is supposed to work
That passengers boarding for first should occupy that section of the bus (which should ideally have a sort of tape to mark the Sky Priority area) and that the driver should initially only open the door adjacent to that section in order to let those passengers board the plane for first. Needless to say, it's not going to work [nor has it ever worked].

G
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That passengers boarding for first should occupy that section of the bus (which should ideally have a sort of tape to mark the Sky Priority area) and that the driver should initially only open the door adjacent to that section in order to let those passengers board the plane for first. Needless to say, it's not going to work [nor has it ever worked].

G
Last november I saw it working this way. Soit worked once
June 2015: no tape only stickers and driver not opening SP bus door before! (great AZ managing, as it "sometines" happens).
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, USAir
sorry if this is redundant but flying to FCO in august. Coming from USA on UA, BizFirst, 1k with Star Alliance Gold/United Club Membership. Is there a lounge avail after arrival to take a shower before heading in to the city for the day? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.