Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Help - entertainment system broke for the whole flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Diamond & 1MM; HH-Diamond; Marriott-Gold

My first AZ experience - not so great with no entertainment system for the entire flight. Flight attendant made the announcement not long after take-off that there's a mechanical issue and hence no entertainment system for all cabins. I was in C with a ticket purchased and issued by Delta. Delta told me to contact AZ directly as they operated the flight. I have not complained to any airline in the last 5 years or so and therefore am wondering what I can ask for when I contact AZ. It's a longhaul from EZE to FCO - 13 hours.

Your thoughts appreciated.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Unless you collect miles with their Millemiglia programme, I would ask for compensation in cash. I have no experience of doing with AZ, but I did complain with Thai Airways about IFE not working in Economy, and I was compensated with Ł50.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by standardgirl
My first AZ experience - not so great with no entertainment system for the entire flight. Flight attendant made the announcement not long after take-off that there's a mechanical issue and hence no entertainment system for all cabins. I was in C with a ticket purchased and issued by Delta. Delta told me to contact AZ directly as they operated the flight. I have not complained to any airline in the last 5 years or so and therefore am wondering what I can ask for when I contact AZ. It's a longhaul from EZE to FCO - 13 hours.

Your thoughts appreciated.
You can ask for a cash compensation. Actually, you could have asked directly on board for compensation, they do carry a voucher book precisely for that.

However, try sending a fax or writing a traditional mail with as much detail as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.