Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Not charged for tickets?

I just want to confirm this condition is OK for Alitalia.com:

1. I have a confirmation number
2. I have all passengers issued with ticket numbers starting with "055"
3. When I go to Alitalia.com it says "this booking is confirmed"
4. For 4 days after I booked the tickets, my credit card had the ticket charge listed as "pending"
5. For the next 2 days the pending charge has vanished and not changed to a permanent charge
6. Travel is 7 months out

I am reluctant to call since I could easily get double charged if I interfere with Alitalia's standard operating procedure.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:37 pm

Did you book with an Amex card? If so, I had the same experience quite a few times and even as we speak I've got an upcoming flight on Friday 12th for which I haven't got charged yet (transaction appeared as pending and then disappeared after a few days). The transaction will eventually go through (once I had nearly forgotten about it and it just appeared after nearly 2 months).

G
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:29 am
Original Poster

No, booked with mastercard, but thanks for the reassurance that this is business as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.