A330 on BOS-FCO/FCO-BOS routes

Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
A330 on BOS-FCO/FCO-BOS routes

Flying this route next month and when booking the cabin shows just one J cabin with 5 rows in a 1-2-1 configuration, which I understood to be the new flat-bed seats. However, when I track this flight over the last couple weeks it seems to be a mix between the old AirOne A330's and the A330's delivered direct to AZ, with the AirOne planes having the old layout.

Is this flight hit or miss with what A330 operates it regardless of what AZ's seat maps show when booking?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

A surefire way of finding out is checking if your flight offers premium economy: if it does, it's a new config.

Yes, a change of equipment is possible.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
I believe BOS and YYZ still have the old planes :/
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fmirenzi
I believe BOS and YYZ still have the old planes :/
BOS usually has the new planes. Would suck if they subbed in the crappy garbage planes when the OP is flying. Should be 1-2-1.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:50 pm

Hi All,

I'm confused about all off this. I'm currently booked in J on AZ 615 on 18 JUL. I had seats reserved when I booked it a few months ago, but they disappeared. So I called AZ and they said that it was due to an equipment change and that it's now the "old 330". But she also said that it's 1-2-1, and the seat map on Expertflyer seems to confirm this. Can anyone help? It seems like they are selling E+ for the flight, so that means it's the new config, right??
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aviators99
Hi All,

I'm confused about all off this. I'm currently booked in J on AZ 615 on 18 JUL. I had seats reserved when I booked it a few months ago, but they disappeared. So I called AZ and they said that it was due to an equipment change and that it's now the "old 330". But she also said that it's 1-2-1, and the seat map on Expertflyer seems to confirm this. Can anyone help? It seems like they are selling E+ for the flight, so that means it's the new config, right??
Correct - the new configuration in J is 1-2-1 with E+.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:14 pm

Edited to make more clear:

It looks to me like there are still the old-style 330s out there. I guess you're saying that (at least so far) the one for my flight is the new one. And I guess this can still change in the next 5 months until my flight.

Last edited by aviators99; Feb 25, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:52 pm

I booked a flight about 5 months ago for this April out of BOS--it was the newer configuration, and I booked Premium Economy. A little over a month ago I was notified that there was an equipment change, and Premium Economy was no longer available. Got a free bump to Business Class, so I'm not going to complain (about $14,000 saved).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by ElMadre
I booked a flight about 5 months ago for this April out of BOS--it was the newer configuration, and I booked Premium Economy. A little over a month ago I was notified that there was an equipment change, and Premium Economy was no longer available. Got a free bump to Business Class, so I'm not going to complain (about $14,000 saved).
That's a sweet deal for you...but I guess I probably won't even get a notification. They'll just downgrade me and give me nothing! That's what you get for booking Business...

I wish MIA, JFK or ATL to FCO would open up for saver...I have 3 days left until I lose my DL Platinum status and have to pay $75 each to change my award :-(
(I am coming from MIA)...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by aviators99
That's a sweet deal for you...but I guess I probably won't even get a notification. They'll just downgrade me and give me nothing! That's what you get for booking Business...

I wish MIA, JFK or ATL to FCO would open up for saver...I have 3 days left until I lose my DL Platinum status and have to pay $75 each to change my award :-(
(I am coming from MIA)...
150 each :/ AZ has been decent at releasing Z close in to the flight, if available :/ Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.