Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

How to Book RT award if return date not yet available?

Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I'm hoping to book my first Alitalia award and have a few questions. First, since it must be RT, what do I do if the return date is too far in the future? Second, is it best to book using Delta, Air France or Alitalia miles? Is it the same mileage requirement? Currently I have many Delta miles and none of the latter two, although I can xfer MR's. I see that Alitalia booking customer service is bad so in that respect it sounds like Delta miles would be better. And by the way I have no status on any of these airlines. Third, if I'm only able to book Economy Saver, if Biz Saver later becomes available, how much would the change fee be to upgrade? Many thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by GoGreen
I'm hoping to book my first Alitalia award and have a few questions. First, since it must be RT, what do I do if the return date is too far in the future? Second, is it best to book using Delta, Air France or Alitalia miles? Is it the same mileage requirement? Currently I have many Delta miles and none of the latter two, although I can xfer MR's. I see that Alitalia booking customer service is bad so in that respect it sounds like Delta miles would be better. And by the way I have no status on any of these airlines. Third, if I'm only able to book Economy Saver, if Biz Saver later becomes available, how much would the change fee be to upgrade? Many thanks!
Ciao GoGreen, so:
1) for the mileage, I honestly don't know but you can work that out with each partner's website and mileage tables.

2) as long as you call, the Alitalia service for booking awards is not bad at all. It's the website that sometimes sucks.

3) having no status is definitely not going to help

4) if you book AZ with MilleMiglia miles, you can book one-way awards too.

5) I don't know about Delta, but once you book an Alitalia award ticket in one class you are not ordinarily allowed to upgrade it AFAIK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.