Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia awards newbie

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
Alitalia awards newbie

Is it worth MR to AZ for business to Europe on either Alitalia or partners to Italy or France (AF) from IAD? The mileage rate is 80k round trip. What are the fuel costs like in J? I can do this or use ANA/AC. ITA quotes $900 YR JFK-MXP, is this what you get on the award too? If so, too expensive.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by dcflyer10
Is it worth MR to AZ for business to Europe on either Alitalia or partners to Italy or France (AF) from IAD? The mileage rate is 80k round trip. What are the fuel costs like in J? I can do this or use ANA/AC. ITA quotes $900 YR JFK-MXP, is this what you get on the award too? If so, too expensive.
Sorry, but I really don't understand your question: You are asking whether a MR (miles run) is worth (?) but then you plan to have an award ("80k roundtrip"). How do you do a MR on an award flight? Or do you mean something else with MR?

As far as the actual cost of the award is concerned, why don't you initiate "booking" a flight to see the exact price and abort before paying.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

The cost of a US-italy flight in J is 200EUR approx.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by raistlin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

The cost of a US-italy flight in J is 200EUR approx.
Thanks, that's a lot lower than ITA was showing!!!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by dcflyer10
Thanks, that's a lot lower than ITA was showing!!!
Not all of the taxes are charged for awards, luckily.

If you have enough miles to book the award you wish, you can just proceed with a mock booking on the website and you will be shown the actual cost of taxes before finalizing.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
MR=Amex Membership Rewards?

Originally Posted by KLouis
Sorry, but I really don't understand your question: You are asking whether a MR (miles run) is worth (?) but then you plan to have an award ("80k roundtrip"). How do you do a MR on an award flight? Or do you mean something else with MR?

As far as the actual cost of the award is concerned, why don't you initiate "booking" a flight to see the exact price and abort before paying.
I think OP was asking if it was worth cashing in 80K Amex MR points for a C reward to Europe.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Just be cautious that availability on AZ sucks. DL & AF may show availability on AZ metal, but when you call AZ to book they say not available.

They let you hold an award for a couple weeks, so always hold before transferring from AMEX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.