Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Expedia booking never confirmed by Alitalia, flying tomorrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Cross-posting this after 10 days in the TA section.

Long story short:
  1. 3 weeks ago Expedia sold me a ticket that was cancelled "by Alitalia" a few days later. I called Expedia and they set that up again.
  2. This basically happened 4/5 times, after all of which I was reassured I got the flight, that they talked to Air Canada (whose ticket number includes the entire itinerary)
  3. Last time it happened was this morning, 24h away from the flight. After "a day on the phone with Alitalia" an Expedia rep called me saying that Alitalia confirmed the flight now.
  4. Ticket numbers have been changing every time, but the PNRs stayed the same, but the affected leg has been disappearing and appearing back.
  5. Last, but not least, Alitalia's PNR is still marked as "booking not confirmed" on Alitalia.com

Here are my flights.

1 BDS-FCO Alitalia, cancelled
2 Air Canada
3 Air Canada

1 Lufthansa
2 Lufthansa
3 FCO-BDS Alitalia, cancelled

Officially I should be fine now, Alitalia marked the ticket as "do not delete" but I will only know for sure tomorrow 5am GMT (6am Italy time, 2 hours before the flight, in the airport)

What are my options?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by bayxsonic
Cross-posting this after 10 days in the TA section.

Long story short:
  1. 3 weeks ago Expedia sold me a ticket that was cancelled "by Alitalia" a few days later. I called Expedia and they set that up again.
  2. This basically happened 4/5 times, after all of which I was reassured I got the flight, that they talked to Air Canada (whose ticket number includes the entire itinerary)
  3. Last time it happened was this morning, 24h away from the flight. After "a day on the phone with Alitalia" an Expedia rep called me saying that Alitalia confirmed the flight now.
  4. Ticket numbers have been changing every time, but the PNRs stayed the same, but the affected leg has been disappearing and appearing back.
  5. Last, but not least, Alitalia's PNR is still marked as "booking not confirmed" on Alitalia.com

Here are my flights.

1 BDS-FCO Alitalia, cancelled
2 Air Canada
3 Air Canada

1 Lufthansa
2 Lufthansa
3 FCO-BDS Alitalia, cancelled

Officially I should be fine now, Alitalia marked the ticket as "do not delete" but I will only know for sure tomorrow 5am GMT (6am Italy time, 2 hours before the flight, in the airport)

What are my options?
The booking not confirmed saga is basically an IT glitch which has been going on for ages now so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Question: have you attempted to check-in for the first flight to Rome? Let us know how you get on. G
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Glitch or not. You can't be certain. Call the operating carrier, e.g. Alitalia and confirm that you are ticketed and have a reservation. Ask them to provide you their e-ticket #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.